Male molly died (due to some unknown reason)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

umar_0x01

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My male balloon molly died when I woke up and was about to feed the fishes.

Is this because of ammonia burns? I change 50% or more water every week. Or did some other fish attack him? I only have tropical fishes in this tank and there are many hiding spots with plants and driftwood.

1620902875308.png

Can anyone please guide me to save my fishes from this in future? Thanks!

What are water parameters ?
how did you cycle the tank ?
Any new fish added recently?

How long has the tank been set up for?
How often and how do you clean the filter?
How long have you had the fish for?
Can you post pictures of the remaining fish so we can check them for diseases?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

What are water parameters ?
Sorry, I can't test for water parameters as I don't have the equipment.

how did you cycle the tank ?
When I got it, I didn't really know how to do that, the tank has been set up for around 4 months now.

Any new fish added recently?
Yes, I bought some guppies for the tank. Shifted them in another tank around 2 weeks ago.

How long has the tank been set up for?
Around 4-5 months.

How often and how do you clean the filter?
Every 2-2.5 weeks with water of the aquarium.

How long have you had the fish for?
When I bought the tank, 4-5 months.

Can you post pictures of the remaining fish so we can check them for diseases?
Yes, sure!

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
It's govt supplied water and I'm not really sure if I'd be able to get those stats.

This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).
This looks doable, my friend has the equipment, I'll ask him to run these tests.

Most reactions

Back