Mail Order Fish

Bloo, I did see your thread when I did a search but I thought i'd ask again incase anyone else had recent dealings with them :)
 
thanks for all of your input!

next question is i'd like to add a school (10) Zebra Danio's and some (5?) Steel Blue Killifish, to my 125 LTR

would I overstock?

I already have 10 swordtail tetras and 6 sterbai cories in there.

would the fish be compatable?


If you do get the fish, don't add all of them at once- just add no more than 5 danios once a week (as adding 11 fish in one go would probably cause the tank to mini-cycle).
 
what do I do with the other 5?

I've ordered 10 danios and 2 gourami's now

I was under the impression a cycled tank could happily handle the entire fishload?
 
what do I do with the other 5?

I've ordered 10 danios and 2 gourami's now

I was under the impression a cycled tank could happily handle the entire fishload?



Even with a mature fish tank, you can still add too many fish at once and cause the tank to mini cycle. Now you've ordered the fish there's not much you can do about it, so i would advise just keeping a very close eye on the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels in the tank once the fish are in and to do a few small water changes over the following days etc.
 
thanks, I test my water daily anyway, so will naturally keep an eye on it.

I'll test my water in the morning and if ammonia is present, i'll retest in the evening to see if it is getting higher or lower.

if my filter cant handle it i'll change 10L daily until the levels balance out.

I'm not working at the minute, so I can devote pretty much all day to my tank.

I might go to pets at home either today or tomorrow and buy a small heater to put in my bucket proir to waterchanges to match the temp. I know its not necessary but a small heater wont cost much and if it reduces the stress even a tiny amount then I think it's worth it.

Thanks for the advice guys, i'd be lost without this website.
 
oooo so glad i found this topic! was just about to post one similar!!!

I'm after ordering 10 cardinal tetras, 6 cherry shrimp and maybe a blue phantom plec from there but was a bit worried as to how good they are. Seems to be some sly mixed opinions on it though, if anyone knows of ANYTHING bad about it could you please PM me
 
oooo so glad i found this topic! was just about to post one similar!!!

I'm after ordering 10 cardinal tetras, 6 cherry shrimp and maybe a blue phantom plec from there but was a bit worried as to how good they are. Seems to be some sly mixed opinions on it though, if anyone knows of ANYTHING bad about it could you please PM me


Should be here tomorrow so once they're in the tank and happy i'll update this thread
 
fish came thismorning, all healthy and looking good, healthy fins etc.

well packaged and arrived at about 11:30am
 

Most reactions

Back
Top