Magnetic Algae Scrapers

Is algae magnetic? if not I don't see how it would work. Or is it just a phrase meaning it picks up algae really well?
 
had one
works fine as long as you make sure that any sort of hard particles get stuck on the soft part that sticks to the outside glass.

i found mine to scratch glass more than anything so just bought a stick with a steel blade attached to it. works wonders
 
I use a Mag-Float for my bow front tank. I also have a scraper for the flat sides. The mag-float works great. No scratches but yvez9 is right, make sure the inside piece doesn't have anything under the pad or you will scratch the glass. I believe the instructions say not to go all the way to the gravel so this doesn't happen.
 
Mine works well.

It does not work on the more difficult algae such as green spot. For that type I use the type with a scraper blade.
 
I have a mag float. It works great. Be sure to use the proper one for your tank size, they sell them in different sizes, and if you have the wrong size it won't clean as well.

I don't know what people are saying that it doesn't remove all sorts of algae, though I guess I am new... but it removes EVERYTHING from my glass, even spills that I got on the outside :shout:
 
I used Tetra algae control to kill the algae, then used a credit card to scrape it off. But that was like a year ago, when I had the problem. I found out it is normal in a tank that is cycling.
 
i would only use mag float ones.. the rest seem to be naff!

no idea whre you are as your profile dosent say.. but Tesco value sell pan scourers for 14p for 5 (i think it is) they are white sponge and green scratchy bit, i keep tonnes of these and use a fresh one each time i do a water change to tackle the stubborn algae spots in the tank, it wont scratch the glass-- so long as you dont get and stones stuck between the scourer and glass)
 
yeah i agree, i have quite a few that fall off the glass on the inside, and thats soooooooo annoying :lol: and then you have to check for stones etc
marina ( long black ones) seem to be particulary bad in my opinion
 

Most reactions

Back
Top