made my husband cry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wait until you tell your hubbie you need 4 more to make a schoal. Lol!
if i tallied how much ALL of my cories together ... he'd cry even more. Or keel over.

With these two additions, NOT COUNTING MY FRY, I have a total of: 55 cories and planning more. I plan on adding 10 more pygmies to my pygmy shoal, maybe more depending what someone else claims, and 4 more sterbai, and 4 more weitzmani (thats an ouch but I plan on breeding them).

Counting fry, my total would be 120+

Last edited:
Okay okay I went and calculated how much 6 would have cost.
Screenshot_20200815-132341_Calculator.jpg

I showed my husband this total, he told me to leave :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tell your husband he’s very fortunate you’re not into raising parrots and horses.
:D
we do parrots too! Mind you my pair is older now, going on 11, so too old for babies. But still lots of time left with them. Toys and food costs are pretty nice haha
20200729_171740.jpg

He's not old...he's just a kid at 11. Many decades of living left.
I thought cockatiels were 14 or so years? 20 if you're very lucky and take great care of them :)

I have an Orange-Winged Amazon who's 20, have had him since he was four months old

I thought cockatiels were 14 or so years? 20 if you're very lucky and take great care of them :)

I have an Orange-Winged Amazon who's 20, have had him since he was four months old
I stand corrected then. He’s middle aged then. Does he talk?

He's not old...he's just a kid at 11. Many decades of living left.
She is about middle aged. Average lifespan is 15-25 years but some make it into 30s.

15-25 Average but into 30s in rare cases

She doesn't but our male does.

What he says is in the description with time stamps

You're not wrong that some parrots live for many decades though, birds needing to be written into wills is not uncommon! Average lifespan for the smaller parrots like Amazons and African Greys is 60 years, and the large macaws can easily reach 90 :eek:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back