Mac

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

if you ask any professional, any one in a creative industries 9 out of 10 will have a mac..
I wonder why?

1. I never said that macs werent suitable for anyone, and specifically said I knew they were supposedly very good for the graphics industry.
2. I'm sure businesses supplying staff with macs probably has at least something to do with the number of people in the industry that own them. Eg. My boyfriend needs a mac for work... so his company bought him one.

if you ask any professional, any one in a creative industries 9 out of 10 will have a mac..

I am a professional in the creative industry and that's not why they use Macs. A pc can do anything as well as Mac can nowadays, in the past media production was best done on a Mac...it's no longer the case. The reason creatives use Macs is simply a historical one, they're used to them....and creatives don't really like change, liek most users, plus they're suckers for Apple gear....design is the most important feature for them even if it's at the expense of function.

Macs can be attacked by viruses, not having a registry does not prevent viruses and the mac OS is certainly not as secure as some would like to think either.
The main reason why there aren't many viruses for macs is simply not that many people use them compared to pc's.

+1 Why would virus and malware developers bother with macs when the greatest percentage of users are on windows based PC's?

Art, video, music? Get a Mac.
Anything else? Get a PC.
ZE END.

(Also both get viruses. Anybody who says otherwise is a dumbass who has no idea what they're talking about.)

Anything else? Get a PC.
ZE END.

(Also both get viruses. Anybody who says otherwise is a dumbass who has no idea what they're talking about.)

Music? Mac? Even when it comes to editing why would you bother on a mac?

Functionality, Value for money, upgradable, serviceable parts, diverse get a PC

Empty wallet and little to show for? Get a Mac

Anything else? Get a PC.
ZE END.

Well, i am still very happy with my purchase. This computer is very speedy. I saw you guys talking about windows 7, and i haven't said it enough on here and to friends, Windows 7 is eerily similar to OS X, I honestly can picture a 4 year old looking at a Mac screen and trying to copy it on a piece of paper, then passing it off to the people who "made" windows 7. Anywho, regardless of what anyone on here says about macs, i am still satisfied with my purchase.

Anything else? Get a PC.
ZE END.

+9001

im guessing thats why a majority of <20yrolds use macs :lol:

but again its opinion, so as long as OP is happy i dont see a problem

for lulz: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

Anything else? Get a PC.
ZE END.

Because with a mac you can use protools. The industry standard.

My sister wants a mac, my dad asked what they can do that his computer can't. I said "nothing. They can't do anything that windows machines can't. In fact in some places are severely limited for advanced users. But in return for that limitation, you get simplicity. It just makes some things easier or makes it easy to make things prettier."

I love my mac, macs are just as capable at getting viruses but thankfully there are less out there. For now.

Enjoy your mac, treat it well and it will last you many many years. Right up til they release something new and you think "I gotta get that!"

"I'm Windows 7, and I was Steve Job's idea" :rolleyes:

I have been using computers for yeaaaars, both PC and Mac. I went to Mac as I was sick to death of the slow pieces of c234 the PCs were. Oh, and yes I did try various brands, always had a high spec :rolleyes: Once I got my iMac, that was it. Never again would I buy a PC.

I have since used Windows 7 at work. Found it a vast improvement on Vista/XP, but that wasn't surprising as it's a blatant rip off of OS X! However, even with a top notch computer which did cost thousands of pounds, extra memory etc etc, it was still not a patch on my 5 year old iMac. Speed, efficiency, reliability - Mac everytime.

How anyone can think 'ease of use' is a negative is beyond me. Oh and what about installing programs/printers etc on a PC? Got to go through about 50 boxes ticking "yes I do want to install" before it actually gets itself into gear. With a Mac? PLUG IT IN. IT WORKS.

I am a graphic and web designer, but this isn't why I automatically prefer Mac. I am not so stupid as to just follow blindly what everyone else does or the stereotype is supposed to do. I used PC's for years before finally getting fed up and rid. Best thing I ever did.

Oh, and I can never take the advice on performance/value for money etc from someone who drives a Ford Ka.

my ford ka.

:lol: :rolleyes:

Oh, and I can never take the advice on performance/value for money etc from someone who drives a Ford Ka.

That's below the belt! :lol:

Just incase there was any actual seriousness to that comment... when you've got a saving of over £400 on insurance and all you have to do is drive a ford Ka, I will happily live with that until I have enough no claims under my belt to get a decent car.
It does the job, although god knows what ford was thinking when they made it...

Finally some humor in the war. I know someone with about 30 years no claims currently drives a c5 and WANTS a ka...

How anyone can think 'ease of use' is a negative is beyond me. Oh and what about installing programs/printers etc on a PC? Got to go through about 50 boxes ticking "yes I do want to install" before it actually gets itself into gear. With a Mac? PLUG IT IN. IT WORKS.

Waat?

I believe it is also the same, plug in and it works? #33###, even on Vista you can plug in a completely random printer/device and no doubt it will work with seconds. I don't know what the hell you've been doing to get "50" tick boxes or even 1 tick box for that matter.

Also most of the install clicks for actual programs are agreements to EULA and should technically be also on Macs, I haven't seen "Are you sure you want to install program X" since what, 95/98?

Waat?

I believe it is also the same, plug in and it works? #33###, even on Vista you can plug in a completely random printer/device and no doubt it will work with seconds. I don't know what the hell you've been doing to get "50" tick boxes or even 1 tick box for that matter.

Also most of the install clicks for actual programs are agreements to EULA and should technically be also on Macs, I haven't seen "Are you sure you want to install program X" since what, 95/98?

Some people still use Windows 95/98, XP or Vista. Not all Windows users have 7, or want it for that matter.

I wasn't meaning 50 tick boxes literally... :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back