Losing Bubble Count

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

KirkyArcher said:
There's a website called "Google" if you type in "fire and safety equipment" and then your hometown or county you'll get a list of local companies :p
Joking aside free or perhaps just considerably cheaper Co2 is worth the effort of looking up these companies and making a few calls, I think I'd still be mixing up yeast and sugar if I had to face paying full whack prices even with FE Co2 systems :)
lol amazingly I did find this website "google" lol except when I type in - fire and safety equipment Leicestershire, all I get is companies that provide or sell fire extinguishers to businesses. Not companies or place's that decommission fire extinguishers. Or am I missing something here? If I can get free or cheap fe's that would be fantastic.

Those companies are the very ones that I'm refering, they supply, maintain, test and renew all types of fire extinguishers and fire detection and prevention equipment, and when Co2 type cylinders reach the end of their life these companies can't (shouldn't)  just dump the Co2 to atmosphere and scrap off and weigh in the metal at scrap yards, they have to ship them off to special "de-commissioners" at their expense, a bit like the chargers that are incurred when you get new tyres fitted and you have to pay to get rid of the old ones. Pick up that phone
tongue2.gif

KirkyArcher said:
Those companies are the very ones that I'm refering, they supply, maintain, test and renew all types of fire extinguishers and fire detection and prevention equipment, and when Co2 type cylinders reach the end of their life these companies can't (shouldn't)  just dump the Co2 to atmosphere and scrap off and weigh in the metal at scrap yards, they have to ship them off to special "de-commissioners" at their expense, a bit like the chargers that are incurred when you get new tyres fitted and you have to pay to get rid of the old ones. Pick up that phone :p
I think I just might do that. Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated:)

KirkyArcher said:
Those companies are the very ones that I'm refering, they supply, maintain, test and renew all types of fire extinguishers and fire detection and prevention equipment, and when Co2 type cylinders reach the end of their life these companies can't (shouldn't)  just dump the Co2 to atmosphere and scrap off and weigh in the metal at scrap yards, they have to ship them off to special "de-commissioners" at their expense, a bit like the chargers that are incurred when you get new tyres fitted and you have to pay to get rid of the old ones. Pick up that phone :p
I'm going to give it a try when my bottle starts getting low!

Well I called one company, spoke to the receptionist and explained to her I wanted there FEs that where due for decommissioning for my aquarium. She sounded abit stunned and said the person I need to speak to was in a meeting. She took my number and said they would call me back. Never got a call back

Called another company and they thought I was completely bonkers and thought it was a prank call.
I explained it wasnt and they said they couldnt willingly give away fe's to me knowing what I plan to use them for because if something where to go wrong and I had an accident, they could be held liable.

Was worth a try but I think you just got lucky kirky. Either that or im jus unlucky lol Thanks anyway

Most reactions

Back