Losing Angel Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jibber_Angel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can clear this up for me. In the last 5 days i have lost all of my Angel fish nothing else has died or been sick in the tank. They were swimming around fine and then an hour later they would be almost floating in the middle of tank. They were showing classic signs of swim bladder symtons (lost boyancy, swimming horizontally, and loss of balance) but the on set was to quick for it to be that. They were also not showing any ill symton signs prior either.

I had recently just brought 2 new Angel fish from a shop 3 days before my first angel fish died. Now when i was at the shop i noticed that one of them had a little red in it's fin at the top and questioned the shop, they informed me that it might have been in a fight/bump etc. I belived them that this would be ok for me to buy that angel fish and the other one. Now i find that it was as i've lost all my angel fish.

Now i was reading up about different types of angel fish disease's and i come across red streak (i might be wrong on how it's said). And when you look at pictures/images of this it seems that that's what one of the angel fish i brought had at the time (the above one i mentioned), now would that knock all my angel fish out? And show no symton's and make them go from ok to dead within 2 hours max?

I appreciate any help that you could offer on this matter. I do apologies if im vague in certain area's. I want to make myself more prepared in the future for when i get more any fish.

I have now gone out and brought a whole new medicine range for freshwater fish. I do not wish this to happen again.

I also forgot to say its a sand tank does this matter? The tank has also been going for 6 months.

Jemma-Claire

You haven't done anything wrong, the sand is fine. Sounds like the new angel fish brought in a disease specific to just the angel fish species. If you have treated the whole tank with a broad range bacterial medication then it should be fine to add more fish once the treatment has finished. Do a water change and add some carbon media first though to clear the tank of any remaining medication. It's better to quarantine new fish for 2-3 weeks and well worth investing in a cheap, small tank for this purpose.

Sorry you lost your angels. Good luck with further additions.

Hi, sorry to bring up a slightly old thread but no1 has replied to mine so have a couple of questions for you if possible Jibber_Angel. I recently brought some angel fish and they are slowly dieing and I cant work out why as the water etc all seems fine. My main question is did your other fish all survive and what about any other fish you added in since? I dont want to go out and buy more fish if they are going to die :(

Hi, sorry to bring up a slightly old thread but no1 has replied to mine so have a couple of questions for you if possible Jibber_Angel. I recently brought some angel fish and they are slowly dieing and I cant work out why as the water etc all seems fine. My main question is did your other fish all survive and what about any other fish you added in since? I dont want to go out and buy more fish if they are going to die :(

Since losing all of my angel fish i haven't since added any more. I went for neons, bumble bee goby, gourmis etc. I never did find out what killed them for sure. The water for fine as we tested it all. I did not lose any of my other fish they are still going today.

Jemma

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back