🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MrsEspoNYC7

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
sooooooo  excited my very first baby.  there are two in my tank and I love them
fry.jpg
sorry for the crappy pic

Congratulations! Raising fry is fun :)

Congrats! The first fry are always so exciting-then you will say that about all the batches of fry you have lol! Keep updating the thread, we love progress threads. 

So there are actually 3 in my tank and as you all know they are my new favorites....they seem to be getting really big already ( sigh) they grow up so fast soon they'll be all grown up and having little guppies of their own **sniffle**. Lol. I'll try to get some more pics today. They are so funny one of them seems to tease the adult male, he swims out really slow to get his attention than when the adult takes the pait he darts away like a jet. I can almost hear the fry giggle if I listen close enough...

z3.jpgz1.jpg

these are the best pics I could get ...they are a little camera shy...

z2.jpg
I have some anacharis in the tank and some plastic plants too ,but the fry seem to like the fake floating grass the best. I'm in the process of setting up my other tanks and switching to all live and natural décor...
my setup will be  

27 gallon cube -Main Display... Males only
10 gallon Females only
2x 5 gallon fry tanks
5.5 gallon breeding/birthing tank

I just tore the ligaments in my thumb so ill be home from work 8 weeks while I heal and ordered a bunch of live plants new substrate all my tanks and equipment, and ill be keeping very busy setting it all up....

Your little guys are so cute!  They should grow quickly.  Do you know what color the parents are? 

Nice tank btw!  It looks very clean. 

thanks, I have no clue who the parents are since I have 3 completely silver females and 2 lyretail males 1 that's half black with a red cobra like tail, and one green grass.... so they are going to be a real surprise... now that im getting a little obsessed with theses little guys and came down with a severe case of MTS (multiple tank syndrome) ill be separating them all and start selectively breeding them... im goint to still experiment with different strains together, the mutts come out the best sometimes

the one in my profile pic is awesome looking I hope he's the dad lol . I feel like im on a jerry springer episode..."you are Not the father"
lmao

I have very sad news...my male from my profile pic died.... I so hope some of the fry from my pregnant females look like him, he was so pretty...

On a way happier note my 3 babies are doing very well but they seem to be getting a little too brave a little too fast, they swim all around the tank out in the open with the adults... I guess they'll be ok I hope so anyway!

So my female looks like she is ready to pop...very square, hanging by heater, also she is acting very grumpy

Is it normal for her to attack any other fish that comes near her space?
If so does that mean she is very close?
I have never seen one actually giving birth before and I don't want to miss it, how long are they in labor for?

well here are some updated baby pictures

I think this is a boy maybe, too early to tell I think
z4.jpg

z5.jpg

getting big!

here are some pics of the female I think is almost ready
z6.jpg

and this is my lyretail mail who is a total horndog and will not stop flirting with her... I think its true love lol
z7.jpg

z8.jpg

Well she is in labor now. 7 fry so far. How exciting! Ill get pics if I can

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back