Look What I Got!

It shouldnt mess up the cycle. I didnt see that it was at .5 I would then do a 20-25 percetn water chagne. So, what exactly do you have in the tnak? Im a little lost.
 
It shouldnt mess up the cycle. I didnt see that it was at .5 I would then do a 20-25 percetn water chagne. So, what exactly do you have in the tnak? Im a little lost.
in the tank is 4 zebras

in the 10 gal is 3 zebras, 1 platty, 1 pleco, and 2 goldfish

i am moving all the fish to the 55, except the goldfish

.0ppm in the 10 gal
7.2 p/h in the 10 gal
 
what i am gonna do is change the water everytime it gets close to 3
20-75% water changes
until theres no ammonia
then add fish 1 by 1

btw i am off to bed..check this in the morning
hope to find answers
 
What you want is not have any ammonia or nitrite present without any daily water changes. Then it is safe to add more fish. Once your tank gets to this point, you can throw in the remaining zebras, then the platty, then the pleco (be sure the pleco goes in last).

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why are the goldfish staying in the 10g? Many species will reach 10" or more. I would think the 55g would be best for the goldfish.

Also, what model is the filter you have? It looks like it may be a bit on the small side.

Ryan
 
What you want is not have any ammonia or nitrite present without any daily water changes. Then it is safe to add more fish. Once your tank gets to this point, you can throw in the remaining zebras, then the platty, then the pleco (be sure the pleco goes in last).

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why are the goldfish staying in the 10g? Many species will reach 10" or more. I would think the 55g would be best for the goldfish.

Also, what model is the filter you have? It looks like it may be a bit on the small side.

Ryan
100 in the ten
200 in the fity-five

both bio wheel
 
It filters 50 gallons per hour. I would highly recommend getting anther 300. As your tank will be more stable, and after cycling, you are less likely to have an ammonia spike if you have more beneficial bacteria. Or you can buy a AquaClear, as i used to have Bio-Wheels( i still have 1 30 g filter, it might be a 50g one though) and i used to swear by Bio-Wheel. But im in love with AquaClear. They have a songe at the bottom, then a thing of carbon, and then a Bio-Bag. The Bio-Bag leaves more than enough room for bacteria. THe plus side is, you can buy an ammonia bag for like 2 dollars, maybe 3( cant remeber) and put it in the filter. It takes out the ammonia while it draws water in. It also dosent require getting a new pad every month as all you have yo do is rinse it with tank water and put it back in. Here is a link: http://www.aquariumguys.com/aquaclear4.html I would purchase it at your lfs( local fish store) as it will be cheaper as you dont pay for shipping. I wouldnt add ANYTHING until you can keep the ammonia down at zero w/o water changes. Then add then once a week or you will kill all your fish as the ammonia and nitrite. What are your nitrite and nitrate readings?
 
it came with another filter, ill prob use that for now

then get another bio-wheel

i dont know anything on adding thins to your filter
 
You have had some good advice on this thread you just choose to ignore it.
I would of gone with the goldfish in the 55 gallons to help cycle the tank fast, left the other fish in the smaller tank till the main tank had cycled.

I have already said you need a bigger filter of 100 gallons if the goldifsh are going in the 55 gallon tank.
If you can't home the goldifsh properly I would rehome them.
 
the goldfish are going in a 30gal, later this month
ive already thought about this
no i am not rehoming them

me cleaning the tank*
HPIM0984.jpg


my filter that came with the tank, i bought my bio wheel because i was supost to get a 40gal, that and the bio-wheel did wonders for my 10gal
HPIM0985.jpg

HPIM0986.jpg


i also threw out the heater that came with it and got me a nicer one

whats this all over the plant? and if you see my tank is not all the way back.
HPIM0982.jpg


the filter media i put in the filter
HPIM0980.jpg



You have had some good advice on this thread you just choose to ignore it.
I would of gone with the goldfish in the 55 gallons to help cycle the tank fast, left the other fish in the smaller tank till the main tank had cycled.

I have already said you need a bigger filter of 100 gallons if the goldifsh are going in the 55 gallon tank.
If you can't home the goldifsh properly I would rehome them.

####?
i have a bio-wheel 100 in my ten gall tank
and a bio-wheel 200 in my 55 gal

why would i want to add the stress of moving around the goldfish?
when the 55 is gonna be a tropical tank?
 
I give up just do what you want as you will anyway.
 
thats the part i didnt know about till i got home...the nitrate levels
i cant check threm right now
i am gonna get a api master kit so i can

besides my bio wheels

i have some aqua-tech dual filter that came with to carbon filled filters, and then some bio media
it came with the 55 gal tank, but i choose to use the bio-wheel 200

i thought about running them both?

good or bad?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top