Londons New Mega Aquarium, Coming 2011

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SJ2K

Always Want More Fish?!
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but ive just read the article and thought it seemed interesting :).

Opinions welcome...

Click Here

wow lol, just read at the bottom of that link that the worlds biggest tank is 30 million litres! :drool: :drool:

that would be a great place to work. and to build. i like the sound of a tropical aquarium as most is all about marine

Looks good but... why are all the aquariums in London or on the coast, anyone know some near Sheffield?

why are all the aquariums in London or on the coast

Firstly a most importantly when people come to visit England or talk about England (tourists) the first thing that comes to mind is London, and it is such a popular tourist location that it would be silly not to put it there :D

I havent heard of many that travel hundreds of miles to visit sheffield :D

Secondly near the cost I suppose its easier to get shipments in as it is going to be a huge project...

CANT WAIT IM GOING TO GO ASA I CAN

Looks good but... why are all the aquariums in London or on the coast, anyone know some near Sheffield?

there's the deep in hull and the blue planet over in chester (right near chester zoo which makes for a good day out too!), both in the north of the country and two of the best aquariums this country has to offer :rolleyes:

there's the deep in hull and the blue planet over in chester (right near chester zoo which makes for a good day out too!), both in the north of the country and two of the best aquariums this country has to offer :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've been to the deep but found it disappointing. Havn't been to the one in chester so I'll look into that.

Funny story actually of when my teacher went to the deep, he was looking at the big circular exhibit (forgot what it's called) and he saw a shark just sitting there not moving, so he asked one of the attendents 'I thought sharks had to continually swim, or they will die' to which the attendent replied 'yes, thats true for some sharks, however if you look closely you will see this shark is sitting next to the outflow!'. So there was basically this lazy shark letting the pump do its breating :p

yeah, the deep's not brilliant, but don't be fooled into thinking the public aquariums down south are much better!!

the blue planet is the best i've been to so far.

Also being right next to a large river helps :p great place to dispose of vast quantities of water aswell as channel in clean :)

just found out the company i work for (engineering firm) are working on this job. I'm auditing it today.... wonder what the chances of a site visit are???? :shifty: :shifty:

Also being right next to a large river helps :p great place to dispose of vast quantities of water aswell as channel in clean :)

you never know, the thames might end up a little bit cleaner with all that bacteria being added ;)

just found out the company i work for (engineering firm) are working on this job. I'm auditing it today.... wonder what the chances of a site visit are???? :shifty: :shifty:

lol, that would be great - you could tell us all the inside news ;) seriously - wonder how many people on here will end up getting jobs there when it opens :p

Most reactions

Back