lobsters

nick.w

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey, i saw these lobsters at my lfs stores 2day, they were wit some cichlids. Anyway im not what type they are they wernt 2 big. Could i have 1 wit my senegalus bichir in a 30 gal?

Its a crayfish (fresh water lobster) no mater what color it is and it will grow to be somewhere between 4 and 8 inches depending on species (Its probably just a juvenile). They eat everything that they can catch! They can take out fish much larger than themselves and there exoskelaton makes them imperviouse to most fish. They move slowly and there for cannot catch fast moving fish like danios or big fish like the larger cichilids but they will damage fins and eat any fish that sleeps near the gravel. they also eat snails and many plants. If your birchir is big it should be okay though. They are really best kept in feeder tanks that way they can eat any dead ones and keep desease down.

IMHO

Opcn

So it's not a good idea for me to buy a blue lobster that I've seen at my LFS and chuck it in with my convicts, plecs, parrot cichlid, loaches, puffers, corys and frogs then?

Damn... it looked good too.. :(

my red clay cray is about 6 inches and never causes any problems to my fish however he is a complet pain in the aris constantly up rooting two of my plants and taking chunks out of the others

although i have no idea what he'd be like with small fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back