Live Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hi cayote, i made one yesterday, it took around 3hrs before i got any bubbles, it seems to be giving out quite a few now, i'm going to check the ph later, as apparently it can some times change it, ;)

I've got a heavily planted tank with no co2 I did try it some time ago - I got the cheapy set like slt. I only used it when the tank lights were on but noticed that during the night my fishies were hanging around the top of the tank too much, so I stopped using it. Fishies seemed happier, they don't swim to the top of the tank at night any more, and plants are growing like crazy. I know everyone says it's great for plants, but I manage well without, but that's just my opinion.

Coyote - It depends mainly on the temp(warmer = yeast reacts quicker) of how long it takes to start bubbling, i can get mine to start after a couple of mins :)

slt - The pH will drop, if it doesnt then its not working :p

gadazobe - The plants produce oxygen during light hors, but at night they stop and use oxygen them selves as fish do, for this reason, some people have to add an airstone at night, but i've never had that problem.

the cheap co2 i just finished, did'nt alter the ph stickle :p :D no i've not had this problem never seen the fishes at the top of the tank at night,
but saying that i've got a 12inch air stone in the tank, plus the ipf that set
on high, so that gives of good airation,

Well u only added it 2day :p it should drop abit, if it doesnt then that means theres no more dissolved co2 in the water then b4

lol, urs shouldnt drop much at all, ur plants are allready doing good, what is the pH now (b4 the co2?)

ph is 7, honestly stickle it never dropped, i've got the bubbles coming from the airstone so it must be working, the cheapy version i took out this morning, checked ph then it was 7 ? -_-

well if the old one was working, then yes it will stay at 7 ;) :rolleyes:

yes the old one was working, the plants went crazy :crazy: whilst it was running, but i'm going to do regular ph tests with my diy kit, :rolleyes:
i leave it in at night that should be ok then will it ?? :huh:

yes it should, i take it ur other was was left on 24/7 yes ? :)

lol :lol: yes i trusted that one as it was shop bought not my own diy version, :D well i made it just as you explained so stickle ?? :p

lol, well if u see the fish gasping at the top...then u know there's to much c02 ;) lol...but it should be fine :)

hummm *me thinks i'll stay up all night * :D well the bubbles are still going good, will one be enough for the tank 4ft??

probably not, maybe 2 or 3 ;) :crazy: its ur fault...u shouldnt have such big tanks ;) ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back