Live Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cayote

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:crazy: Bit of advice needed :S

Im putting live plants in my tank and wondering how to make a DIY co2 kit, is it needed ? if so how to make one ? If the benifits are good then ill knock 1 up, i want the best for the tank.

When i get scanner fixed or digital camera ill put my photos on, not right now cos its bear apart from tank, heater 2x filters 1x power head and a marathon 300. apart from gravel thats about it.

I have photos from start to what will be finish when i have enough pics ill start putting them on

ooo yes we love :wub: pics, if you look in how does your garden grow
i think theres an artical about the c02, i attempted it but sheesh gave up,lol :lol: i got a cheapy version from fs, aye its realy got my plants growing, so its worth cheacking out :D

From the sound of it, u have a pretty BIG tank yes ?

What exactly is a marathon 300? :*)

Its simple to make(lol slt ;) ), and very cheap.

Alternativly there a cheap Co2 kit out now for about £20 which does up to a 30gallon tank if i remember rite.

hehe simple may be for you stickle :p i paid £7.99 for mine, :D

Tis very simple, u should have asked me how todo it tho ;) :lol: :lol:

ok how did you make yours, then cayote can read it as well, :rolleyes:

Just get an empty 2L pop bottle, make a ole in the lid just big enough so that an airline will fish tightly into, then seal the edges. Fill the bottle up about 2/3 with very hot water (not boiling as will melt the bottle :crazy: ) and dissolve 2 cups of sugar into that. Let it cool to room temp, then get enough HOT water to take it up to about 3-4" below the top of the bottle and add 1/4 teaspoon of yeast, then pour into the bottle, give a little mix and then thread the airline into the tank. An ideal place is behind a power filter so it sucks in the bubbles and they get mashed up by the impeller. Or u can let the bubbles collect in an upside down bowl under the water to dissolve. Also u should add a 1 way valve on the airline. This should last for around a month, then u just mix up another concuction :p

does the air line go down into the water or above it, and were do you fix the valve?? yes i no i'm doh, lol :D

Into which water ? If goes in the tank water yes, but deffinatly not into the mixture in the bottle!

Then one way valve can go anywhere alont the airline :) :thumbs:

ahhh got it now, yes i ment does the air line go into the bottle water, doh
when this ones finished i'll make my own , thanks stickle :thumbs:

Here's some stuff I dug up on planted tanks and what not. Posted it last month. Some of these should help. I have others so if you need something let me know. (like how to build a DIY Co2 destructions or what ever, sure I can find it if I don't already have it).

Plant helps and stuff

I made one of those bottle CO2 things but my fish ate the plants faster than they could grow :(

back to plastic ones now

on my forum page it said no replies i just read all this by accident a marathon 300 is the filer i am using under the stand, the only filter i`ve ever known that you have to syphon first im making a co2 generator as i type thanks for the help. cheers to rose for the link very useful

Right i have made it with 2x bottles with tap between them so i can swap and change as needed. How long does it take to work im not getting many bubbles ?

Most reactions

trending

Back