Liquid Test Kits Witch One To Get?

dave1987

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
561
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thats the 1 i use and been fantastic so far i know ppl use others but i think this 1 is all wot u would need :)
 
Api test kits are good in ammonia, nitrite, and ph, but no good in nitrate.
I use a tetra liquid test kit in nitrate as its more accurate.
 
It's the one I use, too. It doesn't include GH or KH tests, but I get API tests for those separately.

My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the tests all use differing amounts, so they don't run out evenly. I just go to the LFS and get individual tests to replace bottles as they run out - I'm on my third nitrate test, second nitrite, but originals of the rest (I think the ammonia bottles are just about empty, though).
 
thanks for people so il go for that one then im only going to be using it when im stting up the tank and then random test after
 
thanks for people so il go for that one then im only going to be using it when im stting up the tank and then random test after

i'd go with testing a bit more regularly than random after the cycle - i assume "setting up the tank" means fishless cycling? if not, read up on it here

i've only just started with fishkeeping myself, but even once the tank is cycled I think you should still regularly keep checking your water, as surprising changes can happen overnight even in a fully cycled tank! checking your water once every few days or even once a week only takes a few minutes, and could save your fish from dying!
edit: once you get the hang of it, you can test everything in just over 5 minutes (or with the API test kit at least!)
 
i'd go with testing a bit more regularly than random after the cycle - i assume "setting up the tank" means fishless cycling? if not,

yes i will be doing fishless cycle also i will be testing the water by randomly i meant once a week but not the same day and time etc lol
 
yes i will be doing fishless cycle also i will be testing the water by randomly i meant once a week but not the same day and time etc lol

excellent :)

well I can recommend the API test kit as being easy enough to use (once you get over the shock of the size of the instruction book and open it to find its mostly foreign language!), and the results are pretty clear (although it can be a bit difficult to tell with the nitrates sometimes) - having said that, I have no experience of any other test kits to go by ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top