Lighting Suggestions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

That should work, or if you want to build a canopy you might be able to squeeze four bulbs in it with individual reflectors and get a retro kit.

That should work, or if you want to build a canopy you might be able to squeeze four bulbs in it with individual reflectors and get a retro kit.

Not really sure what you just said :lol: I beleive that light has 4 bulbs... unless I read wrong. Dunno what individual reflectors are(im guessing things that go above the light to reflect light going up back down into the tank). And dunno what a retro kit is... or what you mean by canopy (something to cover the top of my tank with? Maybe glass?) Please clarify :D

EDIT: The link says... 24" Nova Extreme 4 x 24W T5 HO w/2 Lunar. Doesn't that mean four 24inch bulbs? Or is that a measurement like... 4x24....?

Yes reflectors are the shiny pieces above the bulbs that reflect the light thrown upwards back down. Individual reflectors are just known to be more efficient (they get more light turned back down into the tank). With the size of that fixture I'm sure they just use one reflector with all the bulbs under it.

Also a retro kit is just the individual parts and you mount them into a canopy. It usually has the bulbs, sockets, and ballasts.

Yes a canopy is a cover for the top of the tank. Usually they are out of wood and made to match the stand below the tank. Most people use them to make the tank look more like a piece of furniture. They are also good for intense lighting to keep the light from seeping into the room the tank is located in.

Most reactions

Back