Light Fixture Questions

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
When a light fixture says 30", does that make the light 30" or make it suitable for a 30" tank If you buy the feet for it. How about when it includes feet. Is 30" the length of the fixture, or the length of the tank the feet sit on?

In a nut shell, if I have a 30" tank, would I be looking for a 30" fixture or a 24". I would like it up on feet over the all-glass cover I am getting.
 
Basically you need to go slightly smaller than the tank size, so yes 30" tank you would want 24".

This is so if you have a hood to the tank it fits.
 
Ill be using one of those All-glass covers. Would I be OK setting the fixture right on the cover? I mean the 30" fixture is on sale, so less than the 24". Plus, with the 24" I would need to buy the feet also. So its like $10 cheaper to go 30" and set it on top. Would this cause any issues?
 
well it's always best to buy what u can afford, so if u want the cheep one the go for it, but you may need to do extra stuff to make it look better.

Is it an open toped tank or do u have a hood on it?
 
Right now I have a cheap hood with a 20W bulb. Im planning to get rid of that and put on a All-Glass cover (I have swordtails which jump and I want to keep as much water in as possible). Im thinking of getting the Coralife Aqualight Compact strip light. Comes in 24" or 30". Not sure which I need If I use feet or which if I dont.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top