Let the silent cycle commence!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
No not a "silent cycle" an "ammonia cycle" or a "Bi-cycle".
I know this to be a bi-cycle. :p

chopper.jpg

What size tank is this?

Be sure to read the fish-in cycling sticky, and follow the directions there precisely...rummys need to be in large groups to be comfortable, and to display their natural shoaling behavior

I agree with the others, a fishless cycle would have been much more ideal, then you could have added a large group of the rummys all at once...but, it is what it is...

What size tank is this?
I agree with the others, a fishless cycle would have been much more ideal, then you could have added a large group of the rummys all at once...but, it is what it is...
I believe that from reading the many other threads, this might be a 10 gallon tank.
As we, and Seriously Fish, all know this about the Rummy-nosed Tetra;
"This is a species that should be maintained in groups numbering 10 or preferably more, and its active swimming nature requires a tank length of 36 inches/90 cm minimum".

I believe that from reading the many other threads, this might be a 10 gallon tank.
As we, and Seriously Fish, all know this about the Rummy-nosed Tetra;
"This is a species that should be maintained in groups numbering 10 or preferably more, and its active swimming nature requires a tank length of 36 inches/90 cm minimum".
Ouch....certainly not an ideal tank size for this fish, if it is indeed a 10G

Last edited:
Do not add any more fish until ammonia and nitrite readings stabilize at near 0 for several days. Potentially this could take weeks to cycle properly. Do water changes when ammonia or nitrite increase above 0.

What size tank is this?

Be sure to read the fish-in cycling sticky, and follow the directions there precisely...rummys need to be in large groups to be comfortable, and to display their natural shoaling behavior

Yes it is a 10g, I would have prefered to do a fishless cycle but it was so hard to find ammonia. Even Ace Hardware doesn't sell anymore due to safety reasons.

Yes it is a 10g, I would have prefered to do a fishless cycle but it was so hard to find ammonia. Even Ace Hardware doesn't sell anymore due to safety reasons.
Can you not even get it online? In the UK its easy enough to get at most hardware stores. Would imagine somewhere would at least be selling the Dr Tim's stuff online?

Even just the "old stick a couple of prawns in and let them rot" would have been a better option in my opinion.

Ouch....certainly not an ideal tank size for this fish, if it is indeed a 10G
Yes it's a 10g... :( But I will move them to my 50g after it's set up(it's misty since I just added the sand). It's 99cm long. Just a quick question, if I moved all the plants from the 10g to my 50g, will it be enough to keep up with the ammonia that's being produced?🤔 I read that the bigger the tank the better, especially for beginners.

Can you not even get it online? In the UK its easy enough to get at most hardware stores. Would imagine somewhere would at least be selling the Dr Tim's stuff online?

Even just the "old stick a couple of prawns in and let them rot" would have been a better option in my opinion.
I tried. Nope I could not find any.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back