Less than 1 gal. tanks **For Bettas!!!!!**

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is what the bottom of the crested java fern looks like. IMG_1430.jpg

Picture of the Java Fern?

If you sent in a picture, I might be able to figure out a way to arrange it so that it doesn't look out of proportion. :)

You could attach it to the driftwood with fishing line (I suggest 1-2 pond test), or some super glue. You would need to take the piece of driftwood out of the tank, before putting the super glue on it. Also, make sure that it is completely dry before putting it back into the tank. :)

I already have a bunch of anubias nana attatched to the driftwood. Perhaps I could put it in front of the larger opening to provide more cover. I bought it planning to put it in the substrate. The one time I don't do research!

That tank looks really cool. You could attach it to the twig in front or the rock at the back. I have a couple of pretty small pebbles that only exist in my tank so that I have something to stick the rhizomes to. As @essjay says it can be anything.

You could also attach it to the front left side. Kind if in the middle, but more to the left, than to the right. :)

Thank you! It's my best looking tank and isn't even occupied yet!;) That twig in front is java moss and I'm not sure what you mean by rock. I think I'll attatch it to the giant center piece thingamajig.:)

I keep my bettas in bowls that vary from about 3/4 of a gallon to a gallon and a half. I do regular water changes and don't overfeed or underfeed them, and they are all pretty happy fish that are very interactive with people and build large bubble nests. I think my bettas are pretty lucky compared to most others that end up with people just looking for an ornament and have no idea of what to do to care for them or simply don't care.
Just curious, how do you know they’re happy. I’m sorry but that sounds so very sad to me. :(

I agree, but they did mention interactive fish with large bubble nests. I mean, how do any of us know that our fish are happy?
We keep them in the right conditions. If you placed me in a 10 x 10’ room all my life I would continue to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. I would not, however, be happy. Size guidelines are developed by researchers who have studied the requirements of fish. Why do people refuse to accept these guidelines and decide to go off the grid in a negative direction? It is beyond my comprehension and is simply abuse. I’m sorry but I’m speaking honestly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back