Large Non-aggressive Fish

Rex740

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Florida
My friend just got a 100 gallon tank with a 350 magnum filter and I need your guys help. He wants a large, non-aggressive, cool looking fish for his tank. Well, I do know some fish but I would like to hear what everybody says. It's just that I haven't been on the forums for months and so I forgot some stuff. So, suggestions for a 100 gallon that is large and non-aggressive.
 
A large fancy goldfish? A large fully grown plec?

Sorry, you said cool too. I'll have a think....
 
Large peaceful ciclids like angels or discus are pretty cool. You can get some pretty cool plecs too. Also pearl gourami's are quite nice and grow to a decent size.
 
Large silver sharks? Large examples look cool in a shoal.
 
Angelfish can be a little aggressive if you house them with smaller fish. They will attempt to eat anything that may fit in its mouth. My angelfish recently tried to eat a cory, in which got stuck in his throat and I had to pull it out. However, if you're keeping them with larger fish, they're fine.

I'd go with a few discus. Those are really cool. :)
 
Bala sharks get a little too big for that tank, I would suggest Torpedo Barbs.
There's also plecos and rainbowfish.
 
Non aggressive or non predatory? Does he want oddballs or just cool looking as in colorful?

Ryan
 
Doesn't have to be "cool" because of opinion. Just list them. Another thing is that the person with the tank is a beginner, so no discus. Basically just list large fish for a 100 gallon, and say if they are very aggressive or not, oddballs would be great to list also.
 
I would say severums would be good, 'gentle giants'.
 
flagtail prochilodus

great fish
 
You would be able to keep a good sized group of Rainbowfish which look great when full grown and even better in a group.

I would look at Bosmani rainbowfish perosnally, they are blue and yellow and look awsome.
 
A little less common but easy to look after is a fish called rainbow cichlid. Google herotilapia multispinosa to get descriptions, pictures etc. I have been keeping 6 of them in a tank with some platies and they are no problem. They are all from 4 to 5 inches long right now and are plant eaters. I can't keep a real plant with them because they eat them but they don't bother the platies unlike many other cichlids.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top