Large Empty Tank And Thinking Of Oscars.....

i picked up a 4 inch ish stripped headstander at the weekend as the final fish in Keiths tank. i know they have a bad reputation but ive always wanted one and couldnt resist :X
so far its just hiden away under some wood and is too scared to swim about which wasnt my plan as i didnt want any more fish that hide.... so if nothing changes soon he may have to be removed :sad:

good news is that the new ND tank will be here next wednesday :hyper: ive been and bought 2 bags of unipac limpopo black sand and ive asked ND to include 1 x 4ft arcadia LED light system so hopefully fingers crossed it will start to look nice especially if the new bit of wood fits in....!

i might start a new topic with the new tank as this one seems to have become a huge journal over the months its been running.

so final stocking for this tank has become -

1 x oscar
1 x bgk
1 x jaguar catfish
3 x humbug catfish
8 x arulius barbs
1 x stripped headstander

i would just like to end this topic by thanking all of the people that have helped me choose my fish even though i ended up with my first initial choice of an oscar. its been a very educational trip and ive learnt lots on the way and i hope if people can be bothered to read this journal from start to finish then they will learn a few things too......

:good: :D :thumbs: d:D :byebye:

Keith has now been moved on im affraid :sad: such a stunning oscar :wub:

didnt think i would be adding to this topic again..... good to see that people are still reading it and hopefully learning from it :good:

Did you ever get the Texas Cichlid ? I have a carpinte and he's a very placid fish but boss of the tank and peacemaker too.

Did you ever get the Texas Cichlid ? I have a carpinte and he's a very placid fish but boss of the tank and peacemaker too.
yes i had 2 in there at one time but they couldnt live together so 1 was removed pretty fast. very aggressive towards each other.

Mines about 6 inches and although the daddy of the tank he seems to break up any squabbling between my firemouth and Dempsey ( firemouth Is a bully) he's grown very fast indeed

It's taken me 4 hours with a little break to read all this lol quite the journey you went on with your set up !
See this is what i want with my tank, It would obviously be naive of me to think the list I made would be compatible and there wouldn't be any problems along the way. But I would also like to go through the journey and see what works and what doesn't as i also think that's part of keeping big cichlids.
Hopefully you can see where i'm coming from :)

yeah i totally understand what your saying but there are certain fish that just wont live in peace and some that are worth trying if its what you really want. it seems a shame in a huge tank but if i were to do this again then i would buy them as juvis and grow them up together, this may give them a better chance of getting on instead of chucking large already powerfull fish in the mix...

good luck with your tank :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back