large boil like lump

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

big mick

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I noticed today that one of the pangasius catfish in my work has developed a large boil like lump on his side seemingly over night.

He is swiming about quite happy but its very large.

The tank is a 200ltr with a baloon mollies, neons, golden danios and a male betta, gourami and 3 corries.

The water stats are all fine and the tank has been set up for 3 month now with no problems atall.

Does anyone know what it could be?

P.S. Please dont reply with how big pangasius get as Iam well aware and it wasnt me that picked him.

thanks for any advice

Can you issolate him as the boil might burst, as also you will need to medicate with an anti internal bacteria med.

big mick said:
I noticed today that one of the pangasius catfish in my work has developed a large boil like lump on his side seemingly over night.

He is swiming about quite happy but its very large.

The tank is a 200ltr with a baloon mollies, neons, golden danios and a male betta, gourami and 3 corries.

The water stats are all fine and the tank has been set up for 3 month now with no problems atall.

Does anyone know what it could be?

P.S. Please dont reply with how big pangasius get as Iam well aware and it wasnt me that picked him.

thanks for any advice
[snapback]855935[/snapback]​

does the fish look at all like this fish ? if so you may have more to worry about than what sounds a little to me to be a bacterial infection. they grow to be quite large.

Yes it looks like that because its a pangasius catfish, I knew that already, I also know how big they get which is why I made a point of asking people NOT to reply with links about how big they get.

I treated it with anti internal bacteria med on saturday but its not something Id come across before, he seems to be swimming about a bit happier now,.

Thanks for you advice.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back