L_Plates - Shrimp Tank

Only one thing i would say though.... the rock at front of the wood looks to large.... can it be laid down or dug into the substrate deeper?. At the moment everytime i look at the pic im drawn to that rock rather than what i want to be drawn to (the wood).

Either way it's gonna be interesting to see this develop :).... keep the updates coming :good:

The rock that is with the main bunch or alone ?

Plenty of depth to push the rocks down a little so it wont be a problem.

LP

The front one in the main bunch....could you perhaps swap it for one of the smaller rocks at the very back (assuming they are smaller). The one at the very front i quite like :good:.

Another good idea is once you have the placement of hardscape sorted, get a paint brush and push some substrate up around the sides of the hardscape, that way it looks more natural, like the current of the environment has placed the hardscape. :)

Another good idea is once you have the placement of hardscape sorted, get a paint brush and push some substrate up around the sides of the hardscape, that way it looks more natural, like the current of the environment has placed the hardscape. :)

Will do mate.

Ok i have changed out the rock that fishy mentioned, any better ?

tank4.jpg

LP

hey LP, sorry i haven't commented (been a very busy time at work)...

i'll add what i would do, however it's your tank and you're the one looking at it!

I would take the larger bit of wood and use that at the back, sticking out of the tank, then add the other 3 bit at various angles protruding outwards. It needs moving over further into the corner, I would probably only use 2 rocks around the front of the wood.

Hello Ian, i was worried about having the hardscape to close and it turn making it hard to clean behind on the glass. But i will have another play around tomorrow with it.

As for the wood sticking out of the top i plan to keep the glass cover on as i have a very enthusiastic cat who likes to go fishing given half a chance.

Cheers
LP

Will do mate.

Ok i have changed out the rock that fishy mentioned, any better ?

tank4.jpg

LP

Hard to see the full effect from the pic mate but it does look better :good:

hey LP, sorry i haven't commented (been a very busy time at work)...

i'll add what i would do, however it's your tank and you're the one looking at it!

I would take the larger bit of wood and use that at the back, sticking out of the tank, then add the other 3 bit at various angles protruding outwards. It needs moving over further into the corner, I would probably only use 2 rocks around the front of the wood.

I thought there was only three pieces of wood used? or is there 3 used and your just advising to use the four? lol :rolleyes:, if there is four in there, my eyes arnt what they used to be lol.

Overall though it's not a bad attempt at all.... nice wood, rocks are nice but tbh could be nicer and as Ian said less of :/ (dragon stone i think would have suited much better).... but the layout is pretty eye catching and with the plant list, this has the potential to be a really attractive scape :).

LP, have you thought about breaking the rocks up a bit?.... they are really a bit big for the setup (dont get me wrong, they dont look bad at all..but.....), breaking them a little smaller and placing them strategically could bring so much more focus of the lovely wood you have :good: .

Just an idea and as Ian has mentioned... it's your tank and more importantly.. what you like yourself is the most important part.

there are 4 bit's on the original pics of the wood, perhaps the dog got hold of a bit lol!

There is another piece but i could not get it to look any good in the layout.

I think i am going to scrap this tomorrow evening get out the hammer and see what i can come up with on the next attempt.

I have a few pieces of rock that i can smash up so wish me luck :D

LP

I think i am going to scrap this tomorrow evening get out the hammer and see what i can come up with on the next attempt.

LP

Goodluck mate :good:

LP
Smashing bits of rock up is loads of fun :hyper: :D

LP
Smashing bits of rock up is loads of fun :hyper: :D

Little things... ;)

Most reactions

Back