Kockney Koi

-SPB-

Fish Addict
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
778
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
Stevenage, UK
I've just seen some of the kockney koi dechlorinator on ebay, new, 250ml bottle treats 16,750l / 3750g. Just wondering if anyone has used it. May get some, was just wondering anyone's thoughts, if it's any good, cheers.

I'm sure I've seen someone on here talk about it a while ago but can't remember!!!!
 
I use it as do other on here, its good stuff, concentrated so you use less, last longer and cheaper than aquarium dechlor. 10mls treats 750L of water.
 
is there a test we can do to water to see if it has actually been dechlorinated?

I ask as some of these products are getting so cheap - do they actually work?
 
I am not sure if it will work but its the best test I can think of which will work in this instance. Place it in a flame on a metal wire with a hook to hold a water droplet and it should turn the flame green-greenish blue as it burns. It should also turn universal indicator paper red then bleach it but I don't think there will be sufficient levels and sweat is also slightly acidic to around the level of ph2-3 which is orangey red so it would be easy to contaminate
 
I've ordered some. 250ml on it's way. So should last me a a while. If others use it and have used it for a while, that's good enough for me!!!
 
most dechlor is only sodium thiosulphate...so why should it cost the earth?
 
As Mike says, they are essentially all the same stuff, Sodium thiosulphate.

I've used Kockney Koi for around 1 year now, and I'm still not even 1/4 way through my 500ml bottle. Great stuff.

Saz326, to address your query on why they are so cheap, Kockney Koi is pond dechlorinator, not aquarium dechlorinator. Same stuff, just more concentrated.

Why can't it be the same price? Try working out how much it would cost to dechlorinate a pond with Nutrafin Aqua Plus for instance and you will see why.

Unfortunately, as soon as they write 'aquarium' on the label rather than 'pond', they want to charge 10 x the price.

Cheers :good:

BTT
 
I've been using it on both my 125 l tanks for three months now with no problems, and as minxfishy said, just use a little as it's concentrated.
 
As Mike says, they are essentially all the same stuff, Sodium thiosulphate.

I've used Kockney Koi for around 1 year now, and I'm still not even 1/4 way through my 500ml bottle. Great stuff.

Saz326, to address your query on why they are so cheap, Kockney Koi is pond dechlorinator, not aquarium dechlorinator. Same stuff, just more concentrated.

Why can't it be the same price? Try working out how much it would cost to dechlorinate a pond with Nutrafin Aqua Plus for instance and you will see why.

Unfortunately, as soon as they write 'aquarium' on the label rather than 'pond', they want to charge 10 x the price.

Cheers :good:

BTT

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for 500ml, i paid £4.95 for 250ml.
 
I think it was £8, which would be about right.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top