Kms

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jredouard25

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My pearl gourami and Female betta are attacking each-other now like all of sudden. I had the tank for months and now they wanna fin nip. Which fish do I have to get rid of?

Well now there not doing anything for now. My gourami stays in the bottom and my betta stays on top. IMO. I highly doubt they’ll kill each other. And don’t come at me with that fish anatomy sheet saying there metabolism or w:3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Whichever one you want to keep, keep that one. This is a prime example of why you don't want to keep gouramis with bettas.

It takes a few months for fish to reach sexual maturity; they've grown up enough to want their own territory, ready for finding a mate.

That's why sometimes fish can live together and then suddenly start to fight. You will need to separate them as soon as possible. If these fish are in your 20 gallon tank, then I would rehome the pearl gourami, as they grow quite large and need a larger tank.

It takes a few months for fish to reach sexual maturity; they've grown up enough to want their own territory, ready for finding a mate.

That's why sometimes fish can live together and then suddenly start to fight. You will need to separate them as soon as possible. If these fish are in your 20 gallon tank, then I would rehome the pearl gourami, as they grow quite large and need a larger tank.

Could I get a larger tank or no?

As long as it's over three feet in length.

The dimensions of a tank are more important than the volume, as some fish need more swimming room than others, even if they grow to the same size.

Oh so now its a problem, In another post you basically told me I had no idea what I was talking about.

Well I am. And my statement and hypothesis is correct. I have proof and I study them.

Could I get a larger tank or no?
If you mean could you get a larger tank to keep the Betta and Gourami in then the answer is no.

Last edited:
My pearl gourami and Female betta are attacking each-other now like all of sudden. I had the tank for months and now they wanna fin nip. Which fish do I have to get rid of?

Several of us said initially this would not work. This was inevitable.

I only need help from flutter moth Colin t and Demeter so everyone else BYE!

If you mean could you get a larger tank to keep the Betta and Gourami in then the answer is no.

I need to point out that Nick is quite correct; the gourami and the betta will continue to fight even in a bigger tank; they need to be separated. I hadn't made that 100% clear in my post; the larger tank is for the gourami, if you want to keep it.

I only need help from flutter moth Colin t and Demeter so everyone else BYE!

Mate, this is a public forum and, as long as the members haven't broken any of the T&C, then they're free to post on any thread they like.

I'm surprised that you're not being a little bit more humble, tbh.

You were insisting for a long time that both Byron and Nick were wrong and you were right. Now it's been proved, by your fish's behaviour, they they were right all along, and it was you that was wrong. Most normal people would feel a bit foolish, and want to apologise...

This behavior is rude, alright? If you had gotten advice from others and you haven't listened and now it's a problem, you do not respond with that tone. It is rude.

You take beginners with care cuz there ignorant and don’t know nothing (me). So i listen to ppl who cope with me. With actual facts and Answer my direct questions and then some. Not ppl who complain and tell me what do.

You take beginners with care cuz there ignorant and don’t know nothing (me). So i listen to ppl who cope with me. With actual facts and Answer my direct questions and then some. Not ppl who complain and tell me what do.

Bro, I wanna help you alright? I'm just telling you that because when I was an ignorant newbie like you, I also didn't take information well, and I want both you and your fish to be happy alright? Also, just don't respond with a rude tone to anyone...unless you haven't learned any manners, here's lesson one: watch you language/tone (if it's something you wouldn't say to an elder or someone else that should be treated with respect, then don't say it on the internet)

So here's my first bit of advice: Is it possible that you can move your betta to a smaller tank (at least 2.5gallon)?

Bro, I wanna help you alright? I'm just telling you that because when I was an ignorant newbie like you, I also didn't take information well, and I want both you and your fish to be happy alright? Also, just don't respond with a rude tone to anyone...unless you haven't learned any manners, here's lesson one: watch you language/tone (if it's something you wouldn't say to an elder or someone else that should be treated with respect, then don't say it on the internet)

So here's my first bit of advice: Is it possible that you can move your betta to a smaller tank (at least 2.5gallon)?

Ill just kill the gourami and eat it for dinner. (Aka: bring it back)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back