Killers of the Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Turtleboy

Reaction score
Hi,
I found my tetras and my Goldfish disappearing. Actually the Goldies went first. I have a ig-nosed Turtle and 2 catfish that act as cleaners. I think they're armored catfish.

Question. Who's the psycho that's been doing the "clean up" jobs?

Next thing is what breeds can I put in with them?

Thanks.

:hi: to the forums.

I'm pretty much 100% certain it's the turtle behind it. And also, you shouldn't put any fish at all with a turtle.

P.T.

Well, the catfish have been doing well. So I'm doomed to having only armoured critters in there? What about bigger guys? The turtle is pretty docile most of the time. Never seen him chasing any of the little ones. He only goes after the dried shrimp and pellets I put in. Most of the time he hides in the gravel or his corner.

More likely then not you have got a nocturnal species of turtle, so it's going after your fish at night. And by armoured catfish, there are quite a few, can you describe it? Is it a suckermouth, perhaps?

As for bigger guys, it's definitely a possibility but it will depend on a few things.

i) Size of your tank
ii) Maximum size of turtle
iii) Maximum size of fish

P.T.

Hi Turtleboy :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

I think Phantom Thief is right about out keeping turtles with fish. :/ It's not usually a very good idea.

I will move this thread to the Invertebrates and Amphibian section where turtle questions would be posted and will be looking forward to seeing more of your posts about them. :D

Please feel free to start another thread in the Newbie section to introduce yourself.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back