Keyhole behavior change

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

despreauxb

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had a pair a keyholes for mo this. They normally are always together. Last weekend I redid their tank and added live plant and switched around their driftwood. Since then I barley see one of them or if I do it's just laying low on the gravel behind rocks or In plants. It also looks like her color got darker? I could never get this close to the tank without a camera because she get spooked

Attachments

• 20220331_100236.jpg
    20220331_100236.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220331_100254.jpg
    20220331_100254.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 41
These are shy fish. You upset them is all. Little things about them show that. Look at the difference in color when the lights first go on and then later in the day. Keyholes are nice fish. You're lucky to have them.

The fish looks really stressed out.
Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and see if it helps.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

The fish looks really stressed out.
Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and see if it helps.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.
The water is perfect. The other one is swimming around all happy. (I have a pair) but she (I keep calling it a she because she's smaller) has always been more shy than he has

These are shy fish. You upset them is all. Little things about them show that. Look at the difference in color when the lights first go on and then later in the day. Keyholes are nice fish. You're lucky to have them.
So when gets used it to she should go back to her old self and follow the other one around? I was getting really worried but I know the water is parameters are perfect and her buddy is doing great.

They're really fun to watch :)

You might have 2 males and their territories got messed up when you moved things around. Now the dominant fish has claimed the tank for himself.

You might have 2 males and their territories got messed up when you moved things around. Now the dominant fish has claimed the tank for himself.
Does the one in the photo look like a male? They came out for a little bit and they swam together and then they both disappeared and then the smaller one came out for a bit

Does the one in the photo look like a male? They came out for a little bit and they swam together and then they both disappeared and then the smaller one came out for a bit

Attachments

• 20220331_130010.jpg
    20220331_130010.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220331_130037.jpg
    20220331_130037.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 40

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back