Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Juwel Rekord 60 Correct Water Level For Pump/filter

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by RipTail, Jun 29, 2013.

1. RipTail

RipTail New Member

Hello guys, I need your advice re my Juwel Rekord 60.
    I just bought and install it, and after I've fulled it with water I just notice 2 different cycles for how the pump is working: 1. If the water level is exactly aligned with the line shown by the filter sticker, than every 15 sec the pump sucks the water and spit it up, making it go white for about 2-3 seconds. And then the cycle repeats itself.
    2. If the water level is above 3-4 cm from the sticker that shows the max water level, then the pump only makes little bubbles and very slowly pushes the water in the middle of the aquarium, just like a wind current.
    Can you please tell me which method is better and if you have similar pumps or filter, an advice will help.
    Please know that 1st method is much more noisy than 2nd one.
    Thank you all in advance for your answers!

2. DJH584

DJH584 Member

What make of pump is this? Is it the one that came with the tank? I don't own a Juwel so I'm not really qualified to comment but, to me, the second option would appear better.

Ohh just realised, that was your first post, so WELCOME to the best fish forum [​IMG] [​IMG]  

3. RipTail

RipTail New Member

Hello good sir, thanks for quick reply. The pump name is Juwel Powerhead 280 and it's attached on the bottom of the filter. All other Juwel pumps, except this, are installed on the upper side of their filters. Hope this helps.

4. DJH584

DJH584 Member

To me not really, we need a Juwel tank expert on this thread - any takers please to help out?

5. DJH584

DJH584 Member

C'mon people, who has got a Juwel 60 and can help out here please?