Just Looking At Filters And

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phoenixfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
well i was looking at filter prices etc and i was wondering what counds as over stock?

an extra 1" per ten gallons?

but only to a point e.g you could over stock a 30 gal with 10 1" fish if you had enough filter but that be the max fish for the space no matter how much extra filtration?

:S What fish are you wanting to put in what tank, and what allready in there?
Lets put it this way 12 1" fish like minnows would be fine in a 10 gal. 12 1" gold fish in a 10 gal would not. So it comes down to what are you stocking.

nothing in pertucular, i was just looking at the fuval sets, and how the fluval 3+ and 4+ compare,
i was thinking of what the gain would be as the gal per hour is quite a difference
(btw i ment over filtering not stocking my bad)

Just keep in mind that overstocking often involves over crowding - which is really not nice.
If you want sardines, go to a shop and buy a tin ;)

It really just depends on what you plan on doing and what the situation would be.

Edit: ahhh, if you mean over filtering, that's another thing (on normal stocking levels). As long as your fish aren't being flung around in a strong current, over filtering is a good thing :nod:

yeh i realise over crouding (just my grammar is terrible and my spelling :rolleyes: )

with 10 1" fish if you had enough filter but that be the max fish for the space no matter how much extra filtration?

and well some fish like the extra current but it was just curiousity

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back