Juice’s Art Journey

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

But I'm just finding pics and almost 100% copying them so;)😅
BTW love your drawing.
Thanks! And there’s nothing wrong with that, as long as you’re not copying exactly others art. Photos are fine. Next you can work on choosing two or three photos and combining them into one artwork and there you go!

And there’s nothing wrong with that, as long as you’re not copying exactly others art. Photos are fine. Next you can work on choosing two or three photos and combining them into one artwork and there you go!
I'll definitely try that!☺️

Skeleton of a balloon animal 🙃
C8FABF99-1966-4373-A5A2-DDDE89079C09.png

Love it!😍
I've got a random question if you don't mind lol, would it be legal to draw someone else's photo and sell it? Not that I'm planning on selling anything, lol😅

Love it!😍
I've got a random question if you don't mind lol, would it be legal to draw someone else's photo and sell it? Not that I'm planning on selling anything, lol😅
Yes, that’s legal. There’s artistic liberty, as long as it’s not photorealistic (and if it is you cared the photographer) it’s legal. Most artists will try to add things to it. Add flowers, change the background, change hair color, and markings to the animal etc, or combine multiple photo references into a single piece of art. If you’re interested, I can attach the references I used for my fish astronaut as an example.

If you really want to be safe, find free stock images. There are sites for that, as well as sites just for generating art references

Yes, that’s legal. There’s artistic liberty, as long as it’s not photorealistic (and if it is you cared the photographer) it’s legal. Most artists will try to add things to it. Add flowers, change the background, change hair color, and markings to the animal etc, or combine multiple photo references into a single piece of art. If you’re interested, I can attach the references I used for my fish astronaut as an example.

If you really want to be safe, find free stock images. There are sites for that, as well as sites just for generating art references
Οh that's good to know, thanks! ☺️ We were talking about this with one of my friends and none of us knew whether it was legal or not, and online searches... umm were not really helpful lol.

Οh that's good to know, thanks! ☺️ We were talking about this with one of my friends and none of us knew whether it was legal or not, and online searches... umm were not really helpful lol.
Yeah of course!

Here’s an example of combining references:)
Reference + imagination = original artwork that’s legal to sell
141815F0-4078-4375-B020-BE167D782066.jpeg
1D1AF6D5-3CD4-4639-AA4A-C330B156D7EF.jpeg
FF1FCE7A-518B-43ED-A400-B758DABABBD4.jpeg
0A4C0C99-E675-46D9-AA37-07C4EC778481.jpeg
92F4C951-FB0F-4679-839D-10DF03607F00.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back