Jewel Rekord 60 Fishes Opinions Needed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AdAndrews

Marine Enthusiast!
Reaction score
how many fish or inches of fish could i have in my rekord its a 54 litre tank, tropical, what fish do u suggest

The tank is in the neighborhood of 15 gallons, so by the rule, 15 inches as a starting point after a fishless cycle. Beyond that may be possible with sufficient filtration, and comes down to sustainability and water quality, which it's hard to gauge over the internet.

Fish options depend on the dimensions. Dwarf cichilds, dwarf gouramis, white cloud minnows, small tetras or barbs, otos, shrimp. Have a look at this thread:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=116208

You do pick up a few options more than are listed in that thread, but it is should give plenty of ideas.

thanks, the filtration on my tank is 5 times stronger so it can do like 250 litres in an hour, somethin like that

My tank is stocked, look at my signature and that should give you a good idea of how much.

Keep in mind that bottom feeders account for less space, as do things like plecos.

My tank is stocked, look at my signature and that should give you a good idea of how much.

Keep in mind that bottom feeders account for less space, as do things like plecos.
they still have an impact on the bio load, only things like snails and shrimp have a tiny effect.

they still have an impact on the bio load, only things like snails and shrimp have a tiny effect.

In fact don't plecos actually place a HEAVIER load on the bio than an equivalent fish of their size?

In fact don't plecos actually place a HEAVIER load on the bio than an equivalent fish of their size?

Considerably, since most of them are quite large and destroy the 1" per gallon rule anyway.

Bottom feeding fish account for just as much as a comparable mid/surface fish. In fact, as for actual space in the tank, they also tend to take up more, since they share a two dimensional plane, from which individuals claim territories and cover a certain amount of ground for feeding. Free swimming fish have a three dimensional space to fill, so much more space to spread out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back