Java Moss, Decorative Or Uncontrollable?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Robbo89

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, what's the general opinion guys?

Keen to add some to the driftwood in this tank, along with an Aunbias nana, but heard it can be literally impossible to remove from an aquarium once added... advice please!

null_zpsb0847c40.jpg

Also, could anyone ID that plant I have in the background?
Cheers, Alex.

I love that wood in there. Did you find it or order it?

As far as java moss, mine is growing slowly. I've had it for maybe two or three months now and it is just slightly larger than when I purchased it. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

well it will get everywhere when you cut it, but its not a weed, you can sell it and it looks good, if your wanting moss's there are loads of nicer ones, for example xmas moss and weeping moss 

I think it depends on your set up. My friend has masses of Java moss in her (coldwater) tanks, and it looks absolutely beautiful; in my tanks it just falls apart into tangled clumps full of crud!

I'd give it a try; if you don't like it, you can soon dump it in favour of something else. You will be pick strands of it off your filter intake for a long time, but that's true of all mosses, I think.

Alright cheers guys, think I'll grab some and give it a shot then! :)

attibones said:
I love that wood in there. Did you find it or order it?

As far as java moss, mine is growing slowly. I've had it for maybe two or three months now and it is just slightly larger than when I purchased it. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
 It was bought :) But really pretty cheap and it's a pretty nice piece!

Oh, and that plant is a hygrophila. There seems to be a lot of siamensis on sale at the moment.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back