Japan Sanctioned Animal Cruelty (dolphins)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Isnt this posted in the general chit chat section already? I remember posting the same video up but the thread was closed due to too many people going off topic and hating me because I didn't give a disclaimer. LAME. But thankfully this video is being spread much more then before. :good:

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Can we stop having this aged video posted?

The video is from years ago. Japan has now banned the killing of dolphins in this manner, they are now killed by a bolt to the head/spine which is near instantaneous (like we do with livestock for slaughter). It is now a non-issue.

how is this now a non issue dolphins are extremely intelegent creatures and each one is proven to have a different personality. they also display stronger family bonds than alot of people and yet people still feel compelled to butcher thousands each year for nothing more than tradition and sport.

they are now killed by a bolt to the head/spine which is near instantaneous
Made me feel better to read that. That video actually gave me slight stomach pains (something no other mere video has accomplished).

how is this now a non issue dolphins are extremely intelegent creatures and each one is proven to have a different personality. they also display stronger family bonds than alot of people and yet people still feel compelled to butcher thousands each year for nothing more than tradition and sport.

Dolphins are indeed very intelligent. However we have yet to discover how intelligent every other animal is, with the exception of the mammals. Remember when people thought goldfish had a memory span of 5 seconds? That turned out to be BS (though some people never accepted it in the first place; like me).

An animal as "primitive" as a bee posesses a complex language; as do Reef Squid, and to an extent Stomatopods. We have no idea how intelligent non-mammals are; and if people say they do, than they are ignorant. Killing any animal inhumanely should never be demonstrated, no matter how "dumb" ignorant people say they are. Unfortunately the killing of animals is one of Earth's main plights.

-Lynden

no matter how many times that video is posted, or seen, it still makes my stomach rench. how can such evil humans treat harmless dolphins in this way, and if you look at the right side of the video, it also shows pig,chicken and cow cruelity which is no better.
what the hell gives us humans the right to treat animals in this way, no respect, no dignatity, no care.
if only the world cared about the animals, killing them in only the most humane ways for useful purposes. its about time the governments stopped faffing about with crappy projects like "hug a hoodie" or "healthy eating" and start looking inot the millions of animals treated in such a way, that not even the devil would be proud.
seeing such videos brings a tear to my eye. :-(

Seriously, are people just not reading the previous posts before replying?

That video is of the futu hunt in 1999.

It doesn't happen like that anymore.

Now what goes on in slaughterhouses for halal and kosha meat on the other hand...

i honestly dont no what to type im speachless. Glad to hear that that doesnt go on anymore.

give me the knife and 5 minutes alone with the people who did it. any andy your 100% right kosha meat is basically strung up by its hind legs and left to bleed to death from the neck. just as barbaric and completely not necassary, all this cruelty for the sake of a few traditions :unsure: I cant be alone in thinking it is not right?

Halal meat isnt cut from the neck and left to bleed. B.S!!! :angry: :angry: It's where an animal is cut instantly by a knife or whatever other tool and must be done with one quick blow and not slow and painful. ;)

Halal meat isnt cut from the neck and left to bleed. B.S!!! :angry: :angry: It's where an animal is cut instantly by a knife or whatever other tool and must be done with one quick blow and not slow and painful. ;)
And is preferred in many countries to be done without any sedation of the animal involved, instead of the Western way of making the animal unconscious and killing it with a steel bolt to the brain. There are no doubts that halal is a crueller way to kill than standard western practice. That is why European states are starting to force sedation on slaughter, no matter what belief system is causing the death, be it belief in God, Allah or the Pixies at the bottom of the garden.

B)-->QUOTE(James B @ Mar 9 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1526089[/snapback]
give me the knife and 5 minutes alone with the people who did it. any andy your 100% right kosha meat is basically strung up by its hind legs and left to bleed to death from the neck. just as barbaric and completely not necassary, all this cruelty for the sake of a few traditions :unsure: I cant be alone in thinking it is not right?[/quote]

You are certainly not alone, James.

Truly one cannot have a deep sympathy for both man and nature... and I for one take the side of nature.

regardless of how its done its not nice at all the fact that was even aloud to happen as recently as 8 years ago discusts me :no:

regardless of how its done its not nice at all the fact that was even aloud to happen as recently as 8 years ago discusts me :no:
But then less than 100 years ago we had children being forced up chimneys at the age of 4, and not too long before that they would be expected to go down mines at that age.

Culture and humanity develop over time, and at different rates in different ways in different places. There are probably many people on the the Indian sub-continent that cannot believe we eat cows.

Most reactions

trending

Back