James' 3'3" South American Fish Setup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
you got that on 24 hrs a day
or just during daylight hrs

I use it for a few hours during the afternoon and end it when I turn the lights out at night. Normally on around 6 hours a night.

James.

New photo batch up, you can find on the first post.

James.

What could be the problem, pH is 6.0, steadily. Could it be Fertz? Co2?

You'd never be able to overdose a tank with one of those awful tetra optimat units.
Ferts dont kill fish either, even if we dose more than the bottle says.
pH is fine too.

I want a new tank for Sev's :hey: was thinking around 80gal? Let's see what comes about after christmas.

James.

love the hairgrass around the rocks mate.

love the hairgrass around the rocks mate.

Cheers Ian, Just hope the BA Tetra's won't go munchy munchy. But it's been in around a week now and it doesn't seem to have been touched much.

James.

Just a little update on the tank.

I've added 4 CA Firemouths, 4 yes. 4. Im going to get a pair to... pair off :look: and then give the remaining two away. I've got 8 cichlids now in a 55gal so im going to have to be careful and not add anymore. We all know Keyhole's are calm and the Apisto's haven't been to bad either, even the evil female! I honestly think its calmed her abit, maybe the FM's have put her in her place! Other than a bit of Cichlid banter, nothing has happened :good:

With 25 fish in the tank now, maintanance is often and effective.

Plant wise, I pruned and added the plants closer so it looks quite dense at the back.
As for the Hair Grass, it's not done well thanks to the BA Tetra's. Still some remaining but it's slowly going. I think I may actually get some fake? Not sure yet. Not upgrading Co2 just yet. Need some more fertz, might get some substrate tablets to give the roots a little boost?

All in all, the tank is looking good going into the new year :good:

Pictures of FM and tank soon, keep checking first post.

James.

Quick update, not been on this space for a while. I'll add the pictures to the original post.

Added more plants and more wood, and removed the rocks. I'm all for the natural look now, got the Cabomba growing nicely. Java fern on some of the wood. Got some Amazon Sword in their aswell and some sort of Vallis (although this seems to be a the peril of the BA Tetra's) speaking of which are doing very well, shoaling nicely and are very active and nice to watch. I've added some Neons from my other tank which i'm shutting down in so they can get in with the Cardinal's which are now nicely fed and coloured.

The 4 Firemouths are still in their. Not seen any immediate pairing signs except the odd flare, what should I be looking for?. They are doing well though, nicely coloured and a beautiful fish as we all know. Keyhole's are doing fine, minding their own. Male Apisto, my prize fish haha, doing well. Thanks to everyone who voted for him when he won FOTM January :good:
I rehomed the last Gold Stripe Corydoras, as I couldn't fit to up the shoal that I lost. A I didn't fancy paying again. The L202 Plec is doing well, comes out to feed in the morning with everyone else and goes back and minds his own during the day.

However, I think I could of lost my female Apisto :( She was severely under fed a few weeks ago, so I was catching her and hand feeding her in one of those breeding trap things, I thought she was on the mend so i released her back in the tank, but 5 days later I haven't seen her at all. Think the Pleco may have got rid of her body.

Other than that, still using all the same equipment, except I changed Ferts from that Tropica stuff to Seacham Excel.

James.

Got a picture of the tank up, not had time to do a few.

James.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back