James' 3'3" South American Fish Setup

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

This is how the tank looks now.

Need to add more Cardinal's. Got 10 Just wondering wether to add 10 more or get away with 20 more?
James.

looking good James looks
more natural i think you could
possibly get away with a few more
neon's

Yeah, I wanted the natural look.

You mean more Cardinal's :hey: hehe
I don't know to add more Card's or go for another shoal of Tetra's? Like possibly Rummy's or Head & Tail lights?

James.

If you're after nice dark sand/gravel, pets at home do a lovely dark, fine gravel. Labelled as roman gravel.

Bit pricey (but less than a tenner) but the colour is gorgeous, and it's not too rough for corydora, as we use it and their barbels are fine.

Aside from that, tanks looking stunning! :good:

Seriously, you guys are talented artists!! Dude this is so amazing!!! If i was a chick and i walked into ur home and saw this, I'd drop my draws right away... lol

Seriously, you guys are talented artists!! Dude this is so amazing!!! If i was a chick and i walked into ur home and saw this, I'd drop my draws right away... lol

Well, I must admit not exactly what my tank is for but thankyou anyway :good:

Man that made me laugh :lol:

James.

wow James, just be careful with the ladies!! lol

looks good mate!

ha ha ha best post I;ve seen in years!!

Shall we take this upstairs... And see the South American setup? :hey:

James.

New photo's up with better camera.

James.

Looking very good mate :good:

Can you answer a question about your cockatoo cichlids. They're quite obviously "super red", have they retained the same red colouration in the fins from the moment you recieved them, or did the fins colour up over time??

Asking because i've had my pair of "super reds" for 2-3 weeks now, and the male and females fins are almost pure yellow, with a hint of orange. And they were sold as super reds.

Looking very good mate :good:

Can you answer a question about your cockatoo cichlids. They're quite obviously "super red", have they retained the same red colouration in the fins from the moment you recieved them, or did the fins colour up over time??

Asking because i've had my pair of "super reds" for 2-3 weeks now, and the male and females fins are almost pure yellow, with a hint of orange. And they were sold as super reds.

Cheers mate :good:

I've only had my Reds for about 3 weeks now and I got them pretty much exactly how they look in my tank now, so not much colour change. They had several pairs dotted around the shop, but I picked the pair I thought were in the best condition.

So time will tell with this pair.

James :good:

Just a quick pic of how the tank is looking this morning after some maintenance. Sorry about the bubbles. Filter spray needs adjusting.

Added 8 Buenos Aires Tetra's, lovely fish. The best shoaling fish i've ever had. For were the Cardinal's exceed in colour they lack in size and presence but the Buenos Aires are a great space filler.

Unfortunately though, i've been having bad trouble with my Gold Stripe Corys. I've lost 3 out of 5 since I got them. Now instict makes me test the water regularly, fine. Ammonia and Nitrite 0 at all times. Nitrate never over 20-30. Good maintenance. All my other fish are fine and seem to be thriving.

The fish lose all colour, and lie on there sides for a few days before passing away. I even saw the latest casualty swimming in like a torpedo style.

What could be the problem, pH is 6.0, steadily. Could it be Fertz? Co2?

Feeding them on algae disks, King British. Seem to be feeding fine before I lost them.
Current 2 are fine, eating and happily making there way around the tank.

Thoughts?

James.

are you running co2 James excuse me
if i have forgot

Yes, just the cheap Tetraplant stuff. Two cannister's over night I run.

Was thinking of upgrading to something a bit better, but can't afford it at the minute.

James.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back