James' 3'3" South American Fish Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

one suggestion, clean your glass before you take photos!! (only joking mate)

the plant is a Cabomba, and if its doing well in your tank i would personally add some more across the back.

Looking good, James. :good:

Ian you stole the words from my mouth mate lol

yes the tank looks spot on, the kind of tank Ihave always admired but never set up

well done :good:

Cheers fellas. Any thoughts on the current stocking? Didn't know wether to add more Loaches or get some Corys?
I don't plan on buying any other plants, but yeah Im going to cover the tank with this as it grows.

EDIT: Or possibly add a Plec?

James.

how is the RTBS? Has it eaten anything yet?

I'm always a bit warey of adding any bottom feeders when they are involved. You'd get away with a BN in there i reckon. IMO you could have had a small shaol of cory's, but i wouldn't risk it with the RTBS. I don't know what the others think?

how is the RTBS? Has it eaten anything yet?

I'm always a bit warey of adding any bottom feeders when they are involved. You'd get away with a BN in there i reckon. IMO you could have had a small shaol of cory's, but i wouldn't risk it with the RTBS. I don't know what the others think?

He's been fine so far, but he's very young and not turned aggresive yet. I understand when he gets bigger, he'll realise what he's capable of.

Wonder if it will be a case of 'catch them young' and they will turn out okay? Who knows.

James.

Nice tank budd, whats the deal, are you worried about the RTBS'S Aggression or eating plants,? there not that aggressive,its jut down to sourcing correct tank mates,i had three mature redtails in my time and never had issues

Nice tank budd, whats the deal, are you worried about the RTBS'S Aggression or eating plants,? there not that aggressive,its jut down to sourcing correct tank mates,i had three mature redtails in my time and never had issues

Cheers Nelly :good:

Nahh, we were just discussing how he'd be with Cory's. He's fine with the current bottom dwellers which are just 3x Botia Kubotai. But like I said, he's still young now. I'll get a pic up soon, he's a nice fish to be honest. Lovely red tail.

James.

the tank looks great
like the kribs spot on mate :good:

Cheers Biff :good:

I only have the one in there at the minute, tempted to make it a pair though.

James.

Yeah best of really only have what you got,they an start to get abit nasty with bottom floor competition, oh mate if you like him now,wait til he matures,they look stunning,get a green tinge in the black once matured, i can dig some pics out of my latest one i had if you like?

Yeah best of really only have what you got,they an start to get abit nasty with bottom floor competition, oh mate if you like him now,wait til he matures,they look stunning,get a green tinge in the black once matured, i can dig some pics out of my latest one i had if you like?

That would be very kind of you, and much appreciated. :good:

James.

:nod:

Nahh, we were just discussing how he'd be with Cory's. He's fine with the current bottom dwellers which are just 3x Botia Kubotai. But like I said, he's still young now. I'll get a pic up soon, he's a nice fish to be honest. Lovely red tail.

James.

the tank looks great

James.

go on go on go on i love to see kribs parading the fry around the tank :nod:

James.

the tank looks great

James.

I really am tempted, especially now i've got the Keyhole's in there aswell

James.

James.

the tank looks great

James.

I really am tempted, especially now i've got the Keyhole's in there aswell

James.
go on

Most reactions

trending

Back