Iwagumi and Dry start method

NannaLou

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I will try Helanthium and Rotala, should I buy it as tissue culture or potted plant?
Ive had some good results with tissue culture plants. Once you get over how little the plant is and think ‘is that it’ 🤔😂 they’ve grown really well. Another benefit, especially with the landscaping you are doing, you won’t get any snails!
As for your comments about copying, I would say it isn’t copying, just using a template to ensure you are fitting within rules of the style you have chosen.
It’s going to look really lovely, please keep posting photos of the progress 🙂

Last edited:
OP
Barry Tetra

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Ive had some geed results with tissue culture plants. Once you get over how little the plant is and think ‘is that it’ 🤔😂 they’ve grown really well. Another benefit, especially with the landscaping you are doing, you won’t get any snails!
As for your comments about copying, I would say it isn’t copying, just using a template to ensure you are fitting within rules of the style you have chosen.
I don't want any more snails so tissue culture is a way to go!

It’s going to look really lovely, please keep posting photos of the progress 🙂
Thanks for the encouragement, I almost gave up after plants melted.

Wills

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Tissue cultres are great, a lot of my plants are from them they just get going much quicker :)

Don't give up :) You've come so far with this I think you are going to be onto a winner with these new plants :) I would recommend going for a green rotala rather than a red for now though as they are a bit easier.

Wills

OP
Barry Tetra

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I want to switch rotala to Alternanthera reineckii, do you think it’s a good plant in low-tech?

NannaLou

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I want to switch rotala to Alternanthera reineckii, do you think it’s a good plant in low-tech?
A0D359FD-F61B-47DC-8971-61D9A1686D4C.jpeg
The tropics website says this has medium care needs (I’ve attached the details).

Wills

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
It is possible without Co2 but I think you need soft water I know a few people grow it here without Co2 @seangee do you have this in your tank?

Most reactions