it's a good day for collecting live food

it's probably unlikely places to look for stagnant ponds or vernal pools which are seasonal and the safest place to collect daphnia I also collect from Duck Ponds and a fish pond however there is a very small risk of introducing diseases the only problem I have had with daphnia are predators such as dragonfly larvae and beetles although easily removable

another good live food are fruit flies most livebearers will eat them

IMG_2820 (640x589) (2).jpg IMG_4666 (640x480).jpg
Drosophila hydei. Ilyodon_xantusi enjoy eating flies

list of live foods that I culture
earthworms, white worms, grindal worms, microworms,
other live foods. flightless fruit flies, vinegar eels, daphnia pulex, daphnia moina,
all of above are easy to culture
Holy fish food, Batman!

Holy fish food, Batman!
one food that I forgot to mention is black worms I've never kept them before until i got some a few months ago I decided to try and breed them i put them in a 5 gallon tank i now have 3 times more than what I started with , soon I will grow them in larger tanks/containers hopefully to get them well established so I can give my fish regular feedings

one food that I forgot to mention is black worms I've never kept them before until i got some a few months ago I decided to try and breed them i put them in a 5 gallon tank i now have 3 times more than what I started with , soon I will grow them in larger tanks/containers hopefully to get them well established so I can give my fish regular feedings
IMG_4521.JPG

I have a lot of fish/ tanks and I've always feed my fish live foods they always have a variety and never get fed up eating it
I will have to lock my phone up now or my fish will get jealous.
I just posted a super long bit about the loss of one of my Scarlet Badis, Dario1 .

I would love some advice about the feeding scenario
Sounds like you have quite the operation going on;)
Black-market Bloodworms!

back to flightless fruit flies Drosophila Melanogaster are smaller than Drosophila hydei ideal for feeding adults guppies and many other species of fish
IMG_2827 (640x498) (2).jpg

Last edited:
well it won't be too long before mosquitoes start breeding in my out side water butts I plan to culture mosquito larvae in side my fish room. approximately 2000 a week that would be enough to keep my fish well fed throughout the summer months
below adult mosquito larvae

Slide5 (640x480).jpg

Most reactions

Back