it's a good day for collecting live food

Looks good:drool: Actually you got me thinking about my wife's garden. We collect rain water from a down spout in a 40 gallon container for her garden. I always see a few larvae swimming around. Do you dry them out or serve live?

Last edited:
Looks good:drool: Actually you got me thinking about my wife's garden. We collect rain water from a down spout in a 40 gallon container for her garden. I always see a few lava swimming around. Do you dry them out or serve live?
Interesting, I didn't know lava could swim ;)

Looks good:drool: Actually you got me thinking about my wife's garden. We collect rain water from a down spout in a 40 gallon container for her garden. I always see a few lava swimming around. Do you dry them out or serve live?
i feed them live I collect the egg rafts each one can contain as many as 2 to 300 larvae all my fish are fed regularly on live foods

yes it swims and very fast sometimes you have to creep up on it as soon as you disturb it most of them swim to the bottom of the water butt or container
I was teasing @Retired Viking about his spelling mistake. I know larvae can swim but lava cant ;)

Thanks for the correction ;) I was holding my 7 month old granddaughter and trying to type fast, she was being very active that is why I have not been on much today:)
Aw cute! Dont worry about it ;)

well it won't be too long before mosquitoes start breeding in my out side water butts I plan to culture mosquito larvae in side my fish room.
It's illegal to culture mosquitoes in most countries due to the diseases they can carry. However, if you happen to have a container outside and it gets rain water in, and mozzie larvae appear in that container, then you should remove the mozzie larvae to prevent them from breeding.

It's illegal to culture mosquitoes in most countries due to the diseases they can carry. However, if you happen to have a container outside and it gets rain water in, and mozzie larvae appear in that container, then you should remove the mozzie larvae to prevent them from breeding.
mosquitoes in the UK don't carry any bad diseases if I lived in a country where it's illegal or knowing that mosquitoes carry diseases I wouldn't attempt to collect them

some mosquito larvae that I culture in my fish room, I also catch any developing mosquito's and feed them to the fish i use clear containers between my fish tanks to grow out mosquito larvae the egg rafts will hatch in 24-48 hours the larvae grow very fast

IMG_7172 (640x480).jpg IMG_7181 (640x480).jpg
IMG_6885 (640x427).jpg IMG_6785 (640x427).jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back