Is your dream a fishroom of breeder tanks or exhibition tanks?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I liked to breed fish back when..raise and trade for credit. But,I ALWAYS prefered the exhibit tank room of look,feed,and clean. Mostly sit and look.
I see many fishrooms on youtube most are more one than the other.
You?

I want a fusion of both.

My 20 gallon species only will essentially be breeding tanks, but still also displays. But on a shelf system with fry tanks under it.
20200828_165207.jpg

Plus..a indoor pond. I've done it. If you have the room?..a 10x 4x 18" deep or even less. When you sit on the floor and look over the edge..its like a little river..with pump pushing the water along. But,useless for breeding really unless its a one species pond..and I went for show.. a mix of fish.

Mine are all show tanks but wouldn’t hesitate to add a breeder tank. :)

Eventually we're building an extension so I'll have a home office/room I don't need to share. I'd love it to be a tank room with a desk and comfy couch. Just lock myself in there for hours and ignore the chaos outside :rofl: I've great noise cancelling headphones to tune out all the "Momm!!"s

If you are going to build a fish room, do it properly.
3 or 4 tier stands.
Water holding tank or use the top row of tanks for water holding.
Insulate the floor with rubber matts made from used car tyres.
Insulate the walls and roof with at least 4 inches of insulation.
Get as many tanks in the room as possible because the more water and the less air, the more stable the temperature.
Skylights to maximise light and reduce lighting power bills.
Have a door that is big enough to move tanks in and out.
Have plenty of power points/ sockets.

definitely a room full of show tanks, been there with the breeding stuff, doesn't look nearly as pretty, also that indoor pond idea is brilliant, i can just picture a slow flowing river with angels and cories, maybe a few tetra of some kind, loads of plants on the outside, moss, small reed type things, ferns, :wub::fish::fish::yahoo:

also an idea would be to have the pond raised and on one side the who;e thing is glass so that one could see along the entire length of it yet it still looks like a river from afar,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back