Is this white spot!?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Metta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One thing after another! Since I got my blue rams last Friday. Iā€™ve not noticed these spots only on the rams. Iā€™m not sure if it is white spot or not? Photos are not the best I am sorry! Iā€™m a little worried now.

Attachments

• D6F01F77-D4C7-4985-AE20-371664A4258B.jpeg
    D6F01F77-D4C7-4985-AE20-371664A4258B.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 536E4DFB-CB2E-49E9-9FBB-118806FA47DB.jpeg
    536E4DFB-CB2E-49E9-9FBB-118806FA47DB.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 13481858-08E8-4F8B-B723-4626E3F457CD.png
    13481858-08E8-4F8B-B723-4626E3F457CD.png
    513.2 KB · Views: 75
Off the photos of it is ich itā€™s not bad , my experience with ich is ride it out a healthy fish will be ok after a few weeks , luckily rams like a high temp so I would crank up to 86-87 for a week or two and just see what happens but if it is ich iv had it way worse and been ok

What temp are these rams at? They are super susceptible to disease if they aren't at the 85Ā°F mark.

One thing after another! Since I got my blue rams last Friday. Iā€™ve not noticed these spots only on the rams. Iā€™m not sure if it is white spot or not? Photos are not the best I am sorry! Iā€™m a little worried now.
If it is ich good job for catching it. I caught it late when my fish had it and I had a school of neon tetras die. I felt really bad. Luckily I was able to treat it in the other fish. If itā€™s ich you can get medicine for it at the fish store.

Sorry for the late reply! They are in his rear fin and underside fins Iā€™ve never noticed them before. They look as if there just stuck on if you get me?

Whitespot looks like salt grains stuck on the fish. Are they rubbing themselves on the decor or substrate?

If it is whitespot the best treatment is heat. The cooler water fish will be able to cope for a short period.
Do a water change and hoover the bottom of the tank to remove any parasites. Refill with water a bit warmer than usual, and turn the heater up to get the water to 30 deg C. Leave it at that temp for 2 weeks (or a week after the spots have gone if the spots are still there after one week). Then turn the heater back down and lets the water temp drop slowly.

Didn't you say you might rehome the neons? If you do intend that, wait till after the whitespot has gone or you could infect another tank.

Whitespot looks like salt grains stuck on the fish. Are they rubbing themselves on the decor or substrate?

If it is whitespot the best treatment is heat. The cooler water fish will be able to cope for a short period.
Do a water change and hoover the bottom of the tank to remove any parasites. Refill with water a bit warmer than usual, and turn the heater up to get the water to 30 deg C. Leave it at that temp for 2 weeks (or a week after the spots have gone if the spots are still there after one week). Then turn the heater back down and lets the water temp drop slowly.

Didn't you say you might rehome the neons? If you do intend that, wait till after the whitespot has gone or you could infect another tank.

Thanks for the reply, Iā€™m not too sure what it is it could be little bits of sand maybe? Only the rams have it on them. Thatā€™s my issue.

The rams are the most recent fish and they could have been infected when you got them. It takes a few days for the parasite gets big enough to see.

Keep an eye on the fish - all of them. If any more spots develop on any fish, turn the temp up. If the spots disappear and no more appear, you could be right with the sand.

Just raise the water temperature to 30C/ 86F and keep it there for 2 weeks. If it is white spot, the heat will kill it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back