Is This Stocking Ok For My Tank

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
5,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
uk
its a 2ft by 1ft deep and 15 inches tall

20n gallons then ill have a large external

and i want

i have in another tank
1 female honey gurami
4 pygmy cories

id like
6 neons
some cherry shrimp

also could i have a hatchet fish
 
Hatchets on top of the above would be fine.

You're not even slightly 'fully stocked' with..
1 Honey Gourami
4 Pygmy Cories
6 Neons
And some cherry shrimp
 
so what else can i have
i want

1 honey gurami
4 pygmy cories
6 neons
2 hatchet fish
some chery shrimp

if i can have more could i up the numbers of fish to

1 female honey
6 pygmy corys
10 neons
2 hatchet fish
some cherry shrimp

any good or to many on the second one
 
The second one is fine. But if it were me I'd go for something more like...

1 Honey Gourami
6 pygmy corys
8 neons
4 hatchet fish
Some cherry shrimp
 
ok thats what ill have what should i add first does it matter
 
Hmm, depends if you're going to be already cycled. In theory if you've cycled already then you can add any at any time.
But I'd do in in the order of...
Honey Gourami
pygmy corys
cherry shrimp
hatchet fish
neons

Ps. Sorry I didn't realise you said it'd have an oversized external filter (not enough sleep lol)
Keeping a group of 10 neons on top of my suggestions would be fine.
I really would make sure you have plenty of live plants though, just to help keep Nitrates low imbetween water changes.
 
yeah ist gunna be a planted tank like fully planted with co2 and stuff

it will be cycled

so its

1 female honey gurami
6 pygmy cories
some cherry shrimp
10 neons
4 hatchet fish

cool thanks
 
will do thanks
 
ok how many more neons could i have if i dint have the hatchet fish

also the neons wont bite at the guramis little dangley bit lol like the long string at the front

forgot what there called
 
the problem is my tankslid overlaps like a inch of the tank so id never see the hatchets

i think ill have then

1 honey gurami
6 pygmy cories
15 neons
some cherry shrimp
 

Hi

I think that stocking is absolutely fine. I have Tetras with Honey Gourami's and there is no problem at all. I think you are right to drop the Hatchet Fish, I've always wanted some, and may get them for my new tank that is yet to be set up. Hatchet fish like surface plants and some current, and as far as I am aware prefer to be in larger numbers then 4. You have made the right decision. :good:

Make sure to post some pics :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top