Is there any coldwater fish.....?

ToWnPrEp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
that I could keep in a 2 gallon tank? It might be a stupid question and it might be totally not possible but I'm curious and hopeful. :)

Nothing I've ever heard of, well maybe some minnows but that's completely off the wall and I don't know how feasible it would be. Probably not as they're a schooling fish so you'd need 5 of them and filtration and they'd need room to swim around in it.

Minnows and Danios are small shoaling fish and are best kept in a group of 6 or more

What about a few small hillstream loaches ???

The rule is one inch of fish per gallon.

HOWEVER

Have you considered a betta? look at the betta and gourami postings to see what kind of fish it is.

BronzeWolf said:
Minnows and Danios are small shoaling fish and are best kept in a group of 6 or more

What about a few small hillstream loaches ???

The rule is one inch of fish per gallon.

HOWEVER

Have you considered a betta? look at the betta and gourami postings to see what kind of fish it is.
Two gallons is not enough for hillstream loaches!!!

They get to 3" so if the inch per galon rule were not crap, then it wouldn't be feasible anyways.

Does this 2 gallon have a light and a filter? There has to be room to put rocks etc in for them to bask on, taking up water space not to mention the air stones.

No way.

A betta maybe ok in that size a tank. I know a lot of people do it.

3-4 Minnows would work well, there is even a Golden variety available now. :thumbs:

Excuse me, but that rule can't apply. I kept 5 fish in a bowl, and they didn't Die!!!!!!! 5 goldfish.... :hyper: :thumbs:

shmeepie said:
Excuse me, but that rule can't apply. I kept 5 fish in a bowl, and they didn't Die!!!!!!! 5 goldfish.... :hyper: :thumbs:
Where are they now, how long did they survive?

shmeepie said:
I bet that there quality of life wasn't good! :grr:

shmeepie said:
i bet they ddnt last long. even if you kept up on water changes (which you would have to do probably twice a day with that many goldfish) their growth still would have been stunted and they probably would have died within a year. but im sure they died earlier than that...

bettas are not coldwater fish and will freeze if the water gets too cold. but a 2gal is fine for a betta. check out the betta forum to get some advice if you want a betta.

a 2gal is way too small for a lizard too!!!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back