Is TFF watching our online searches?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@dascrow, is TFF watching my searches? (I use Bing, because its the default on PC)

I just searched for a GoPro Hero 6 black frame on eBay. I switched over to TFF and I see the same exact thing I was just looking at, on my screen as an add. (The adds that are always under the "Forums, whats new, members, marketplace, etc.)

Here is what I searched: https://www.ebay.com/i/263894896749...1291&msclkid=707c799bc1df1aebe24527551bc44d03

Some of my other moderators might be able to answer this question. It was just kind of weird to me. Thanks in advance.

WE don't track your search history. Most of the advertising on the site is from Google. Google does display ads based on your cookies. This helps to display better, more relevant ads.

---------
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.

A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
------

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would buy one of your tin hats, but I would have to see the add for more of them for weeks. Sorry man, its just not worth the government busting me. :rofl:

WE don't track your search history. Most of the advertising on the site is from Google. Google does display ads based on your cookies. This helps to display better, more relevant ads.

---------
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.

A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
------
Ok, that was helpful. Thank you @dascrow. :)

WE don't track your search history.
You guys do realise that companies and government agencies that spy on us will deny everything, just like the forum is. They aren't going to say "Yes, we are listening to everything you say". They could get busted for that. They just deny, deny, deny, and hope you gullible fools accept that :)

A flip phone? You people need help! :rofl:
I have a landline and a mobile phone that makes calls and sends texts. I don't need or want any other kind of phone because I am incapable of touching the right spot on the screen. Remenber the thread about the red Latest News flag on the site? I don't see that on my laptop so I used my 10 inch Kindle Fire to see what it looked like on there. It took me two attempts to get the site address right, then three attempts to type in my password. And that's on a 10 inch screen so there's no chance with a phone :lol:

maybe you could type on a phone by using a stylus...or a bluetooth keyboard..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back