FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
@dascrow, is TFF watching my searches? (I use Bing, because its the default on PC)

I just searched for a GoPro Hero 6 black frame on eBay. I switched over to TFF and I see the same exact thing I was just looking at, on my screen as an add. (The adds that are always under the "Forums, whats new, members, marketplace, etc.)

Here is what I searched: https://www.ebay.com/i/263894896749...1291&msclkid=707c799bc1df1aebe24527551bc44d03

Some of my other moderators might be able to answer this question. It was just kind of weird to me. Thanks in advance.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I also see now, an add for a live plant I was searching earlier today. This is creepy...

@dascrow, is TFF watching my searches? (I use Bing, because its the default on PC)

I just searched for a GoPro Hero 6 black frame on eBay. I switched over to TFF and I see the same exact thing I was just looking at, on my screen as an add. (The adds that are always under the "Forums, whats new, members, marketplace, etc.)

Here is what I searched: https://www.ebay.com/i/263894896749...1291&msclkid=707c799bc1df1aebe24527551bc44d03

Some of my other moderators might be able to answer this question. It was just kind of weird to me. Thanks in advance.

Oh, 100%. Every electronic device you own is listening to you. That's why sometimes when you are having a conversation out loud about a product, 5 minutes later you get an add on your phone for said product. Same thing goes for internet searches- all of your data is stored away.

I will say it's creepy, but it's a fact of life at this point.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's your device. Your device is always watching you searched and cookies on websites reflect that. Pretty much ever site with cookies and ads will reflect what you've been searching for.

One time we were talking (no searching) about flying back to NZ. Next time we were on the ipad there were ads for flight tickets. Everything is listening to you and knowing what you search, that's just how it is. Did you know that even when your device is powered off it can still listen to you? The only way is if you remove the battery or it dies.

And even if you wipe your search history 4 times it's still there

Makes sense. Thanks to you both. It is defiantly creepy, I was just wondering if it was actually possible that TTF was spying on you. (Now I realize that my own device is spying on me, lol...)

I was asking about seiryu stone here, in a betta discord, as well as googling it. Today I got a wall of aquarium seiryu stone ads. Thanks, dystopia, but I already bought mine

Haha everything is watchin us... But seriously yes, I don't think its TFF particularly, just really.. anywhere.
I had a friend who was talking about buying gloves. I guess Alexa heard her since she checked Amazon and there were gloves in her cart. Lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back