Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Blue one she is heavily breathing

Attachments

• 41E450FB-66AE-4F1A-A1A6-ADC40BEF1E41.jpeg
    41E450FB-66AE-4F1A-A1A6-ADC40BEF1E41.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 98
If the fish is breathing heavily, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate, increase the aeration and add some salt. Use 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.

If she's a livebearer that has been in the same water as a male of the same species at any time in the last 6 months, then, yes, she is gravid.

Whether that's the cause of the heavy breathing is a different question.

Have you run any water tests?

If the fish is breathing heavily, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate, increase the aeration and add some salt. Use 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.
she isn't breathing heavy anymore i probably just scared her

If she's a livebearer that has been in the same water as a male of the same species at any time in the last 6 months, then, yes, she is gravid.

Whether that's the cause of the heavy breathing is a different question.

Have you run any water tests?
its the male therre is 1 full grown male in this tank. her belly got bigger and more square today

I have 2 females that are gravid but not quite squared off yet. At least 2 of them keep isolating & rapid breathing but after doing this a week or 2 still no fry. I am not concerned as I have around 30 fry at 6 weeks old in there so if there was a problem with stats they would be dying off first. Altogether there are 4 females & 2 males in a 30 Gallon, the males are just harrasing constantly so they hide in the corners rapid breathing for a while.
I have spent a lot of time watching them & I am satisfied this is what is happening. Another thing I have noticed is some guppys do this after water changes as I like to stir up my sand to remove all the debris

I have 2 females that are gravid but not quite squared off yet. At least 2 of them keep isolating & rapid breathing but after doing this a week or 2 still no fry. I am not concerned as I have around 30 fry at 6 weeks old in there so if there was a problem with stats they would be dying off first. Altogether there are 4 females & 2 males in a 30 Gallon, the males are just harrasing constantly so they hide in the corners rapid breathing for a while.
I have spent a lot of time watching them & I am satisfied this is what is happening. Another thing I have noticed is some guppys do this after water changes as I like to stir up my sand to remove all the debris
it was dropsy and i treated it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back