Is My Stocking Ok

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
5,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
uk
well i have a
aqua 40 tank
Aqua%2040.jpg


with this filter
[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=296907&hl="]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=296907&hl=[/URL]

and i have a few live plants and
in it there is
3 male guppys
and 2 honey guramis

i believe its a ten gallon
 
oh and a apple snail

it is ten us gallons
 
yh that sounds fine
what sex are the guppies
if it was me i would add 5 or 6 shrimps
 
the guppys are all male
and the guramis are male+female
and if my stocking is ok (which i now know it is :good:) i was gunna add a few cherry shrimp
 
yh that sounds fine the only problem you might have is if the honey gouramis breed they will end up shreeding the guppies fins or maby evan killing them
 
I have that exact tank and I didn't feel alright putting any fish in it. (cept perhaps emerald dwarf rasbora or boras brigittae)

But eventually I decided I was going to have it heavily planted with a colony of shrimp and snails.

I guess you can go on how the fish are over time and if they stay coloured up and grow to full size. But I personally wouldn't put any fish in there other than a betta.
 
oh when i calculated the measurements in the calculator it said it was ten us galls

and the fish all had a upgrade from the ones they where in in my lfs 100 guppys
and loads of honeys in tanks
 
oh when i calculated the measurements in the calculator it said it was ten us galls

and the fish all had a upgrade from the ones they where in in my lfs 100 guppys
and loads of honeys in tanks

In a LFS yes they are 'contained' to a small area, but the system they are in, in most cases is quite large and has ample filtration.

Provided you keep an eye on the water stats the current stocking should be ok,
 

Most reactions

Back
Top