Is My Lfs Crazy?

my lfs doesnt do this they have a 7 day return policy and all you have to do is freeze the fish and show them incase someone just wanted money
 
screwed if you keep malawi's or marine then......
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just what i was thinking, please make them test there own water but when you tell them that it was their water they tested do it loudly so most of the shop can hear.

I think i'd have something to say about it if i saw a sighn like that in my LFS but their really friendly so would probably be ok about it.
 
I just got done browsing through the LFS this morning and noticed a sign by the fish tanks. It read "To return fish you must have a water sample and the perimeters MUST read: Ammonia- 0ppm, Nitrite- 0ppm, Nitrate: 20ppm, PH 7.0"

Who has a ph of exactly 7 and a nitrate level of exactly 20?


Those figures are my exact figures for my water straight from my tap, so does that mean I could fill a bag with plain tap water and it would be fine to return a fish in plain tap water?

Does anyone want to buy some plain tap water to return their fish :lol:
 
As you tap water settles chances are it'll increase in pH...so you'd have to literally run to the lfs before enough CO2 gassed off to give a .1 change lol.

If my lfs was like this then I'd definitely be having them test their own water.
 
Considering they would probably test the water from the bag the fish that you're trying to return are in, it is an impossible return policy.
My LFS asks for a separate sample of the water from the tank that hasn't got a dead body floating around in it.

I'm also intrigued now to know what the shop's water tests are :lol:
 
Sounds to me as if once they have your money, they do not want to know anything about complaints.It is a sad fact I have 5 LFS in my area, and I have been given poor advice by each and eveyone of them.When all said and done , they are running a business and their primary concern is making a profit.I would have thought looking after customers would ensure they will come back time and again,but it just doesn't seem they agree.

Jon :good:
 
i was thinking only today , what if your lfs only sold you fish after you providing THEM with a water sample , so that they could ensure they were selling a fish to someone that actually cares / knows how to treat the fish they are buying....
 
Next time I go in there I'm going to take a container and take a scoop of their water and ask them to 'test my water' for me. If they tell me what to do to 'fix' it, I'm going to listen to what they say and then tell them they just tested their own water.

:lol: Great idea. I was thinking the same thing as I read through this. I too would be interested to see the results.
 
Didn't read through the other posts, but they may only accept water with a pH of 7, because that's what it is out of the tap at the store? If it is different in your home aquarium, and you hadn't properly acclimatised the fish you bought, there is a chance of them dying. I am not sure how closely they would follow this rule though, at my store the manager allows people to get replacements on fish even if there showing ammonia and/or nitrites, he tells us to just educate them on the nitrogen cycle, and give them a store credit after to pick up the fish after the problem is solved.


Sounds to me as if once they have your money, they do not want to know anything about complaints.It is a sad fact I have 5 LFS in my area, and I have been given poor advice by each and eveyone of them.When all said and done , they are running a business and their primary concern is making a profit.I would have thought looking after customers would ensure they will come back time and again,but it just doesn't seem they agree.

Jon :good:

Humm, they want money. all that sign does is spell out "WE DON'T CARE". use another shop!
 
to have a perfect 7.0 is silly.
sure it's possible, but what if the fish was could handle the range up to say 7.6.
that would not kill the fish, but exclude them from honoring the return policy.
I would try to trick them into testing their own water for sure.
 
i was thinking only today , what if your lfs only sold you fish after you providing THEM with a water sample , so that they could ensure they were selling a fish to someone that actually cares / knows how to treat the fish they are buying....

My local P@H does that! Rare, I know, but still - comforting :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top