The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishFinatic77

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi! So, I wanted to make a floating tunnel for my betta fish, and I wanted to know if I could use one of those craft foam sheets. Would they leech anything into the water?
I wanted to use this material because it's nice and soft, but if it will poison the water, I won't use it.
Thanks!

Ok, I won't risk it then. Does anyone know of any other materials I could use instead? I wanted something soft so he wouldn't tear his fins.

Also, I have a ping pong ball I wanted to give him as a toy, and I wanted to know how to make it safe to put in his tank. It doesn't have any writing on it, and it is white, so there are no dyes.
I was also wondering how to clean some pipe cleaners. I plan on using them to teach him how to go through a hoop. They will not be staying in the tank very long, but I want to make sure they are clean.
Sorry for all the questions. ^_^
Thanks!

A pipe cleaner will rust (the metal part) so I would not recommend using it in your tank. You could use it only for a couple of times, but after a while, it will rust. :)

As far as the ping pong ball, it should be fine. Just make sure you rinse it off really good, before putting it in your tank. Good luck! ;)

The pipe cleaners will only stay in the tank for a few minutes at a time. If they begin to rust, I will, of course, replace them immediately. Thank you for your help!

I’m not sure what they die those pipe cleaners with. Be careful of that wire. Could you use a little girls plastic bangle bracelet? Cheap to buy.

I didn’t think if that. I agree with @Deanasue, theses little bracelets are very cheap to buy. :)

I also agree but I suggest you use those plastic toy ring[big ones]

Or shower curtain rings. (The clear, plastic ones.) :)

Ok, that makes sense. I'm sure I can find something laying around. ;) Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back