Is Flourite Black okay for pigmy cories?

Mjmj02

Reaction score
Hey. I have a tank with a top layer of fluval stratum and a bottom layer of flourite black clay gravel. I put it all in there a while ago because I was trying out the flourite black and then it turned out I needed more substrate. but now I realize that I want to do a better scape and add lava rock underneath for more hight. I'm planning on getting some pigmys and the substrates are bound to be mixed in the process of re-scaping, so I was wondering, will a school of pigmy cories barbels be okay?

Last edited:
Yeah its better to have sand, especially for the pygmies.
Cories naturally sift for their food, sand through their mouths and expelled out their gills. Using the right substrate with them is important as both barbels and gills can be damaged with wrong kinds of substrate.
20201116_141301.jpg

Yeah its better to have sand, especially for the pygmies.
Cories naturally sift for their food, sand through their mouths and expelled out their gills. Using the right substrate with them is important as both barbels and gills can be damaged with wrong kinds of substrate.
View attachment 123204
Okay, thank you! I actually didn't know that the substrate goes through their gills like that. Super interesting. Have a good day!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back