Irrational Fears

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

spiders for me too, they terrify me, i am a little scared of heights, but not as much as spiders

Considering the amount of poisonous species around in the world (not where I live, thank goodness!) I don't think fear of spiders (or snakes, or heights, come to that) is irrational!

Mine is...stickers and labels *shudders* I don't even like to type the words :sick: And bar codes, especially if they're crumpled or ripped

Eughhh!!!

Oh, and the number four makes me feel a bit sick as well.

But then, I do have real, clinical OCD, so I'm used to getting freaked out by odd stuff :/

Considering the amount of poisonous species around in the world (not where I live, thank goodness!) I don't think fear of spiders (or snakes, or heights, come to that) is irrational!

Mine is...stickers and labels *shudders* I don't even like to type the words :sick: And bar codes, especially if they're crumpled or ripped

Eughhh!!!

Oh, and the number four makes me feel a bit sick as well.

But then, I do have real, clinical OCD, so I'm used to getting freaked out by odd stuff :/
I have OCD but not too this extent lol I just have to have all my dvds, cds and Xbox games in alphabetical order... Someone messes them and my head blows lol

Also it can take a while from the time I say I'm going to bed to the time I actually go to bed... I have to check that the doors are locked about 4-5 times over, then ill go back and check them again even though I know in my head they are locked... Same with checking my tank lids are closed, my degu cage is closed, the gas is off on the cooker, the lights are off, the taps are turned off and no water is dripping from them. It literally takes me ages to settle down for the night

I also can't have the radio volume on an odd number, has to be on an even number... If someone sets it to an odd and I know about it then ill change it... If I don't notice someone do it but there are other people around then I'm always checking it lol

I drive myself mad lol

It's a PITA, isn't it?!

You have my sympathies, buddy!

my irrational fear is... fearing that at night i am going to look over at a window and see someone there :crazy:
also a fear of little annoying bugs and insects flying past my ear making a buzzing or low vibrating sound *shutter* :crazy:

my irrational fear is... fearing that at night i am going to look over at a window and see someone there :crazy:

I have this fear too although mine is that ill open my bedroom door and find someone standing at the top of the stairs!! Creepy stuff. I do let my imagination get the better of me lol

also a fear of little annoying bugs and insects flying past my ear making a buzzing or low vibrating sound *shutter* :crazy:

I kinda do have a fear of heights sometimes. Like... I'm forcing myself to go on the "SPEED" ride this year at the state fair. Ski lifts at the fair are.... not steady. They stop and wiggle sometimes. It makes my palms sweat.

I kinda do have a fear of heights sometimes. Like... I'm forcing myself to go on the "SPEED" ride this year at the state fair. Ski lifts at the fair are.... not steady. They stop and wiggle sometimes. It makes my palms sweat.

I HATE rides as I never feel safe in them but I when to Alton Towers earlier in the year for the 1st time. I went on a ride called Rita (used to be called Rita Queen Of Speed), it hits 62mph in under 2 seconds... I loved it :) also went on a ride called Air. It's a new roller coaster but instead of sitting in the normal upright position your lying down looking at the floor :) was very good

I have a very strange fear and I have never come across anybody with a fear like this :crazy:

I am okay with helium balloons, I can hold them and everything when I'm inside. When i'm outside it's a whole different story! If I even see a helium balloon when i'm outside, my hands get sweaty, my toes curl up, and if someone lets go of it and it floats away... I freak out! I don't know exactly why but I find it terrifying when they float away! ohmygosh my hands are getting sweaty even typing this! I always seem to think that i'm going to float away with it...*shudders* :sick: I have to grab hold of something or someone to make sure I won't float away... :blush:

I cannot lie on my back and look at the sky either, I freak out and think i'm going to float away or something! :crazy:

I have a very strange fear and I have never come across anybody with a fear like this :crazy:

I am okay with helium balloons, I can hold them and everything when I'm inside. When i'm outside it's a whole different story! If I even see a helium balloon when i'm outside, my hands get sweaty, my toes curl up, and if someone lets go of it and it floats away... I freak out! I don't know exactly why but I find it terrifying when they float away! ohmygosh my hands are getting sweaty even typing this! I always seem to think that i'm going to float away with it...*shudders* :sick: I have to grab hold of something or someone to make sure I won't float away... :blush:

I cannot lie on my back and look at the sky either, I freak out and think i'm going to float away or something! :crazy:
You have a fear of floating... Another fear of mine is falling lol not like tripping over but falling from extreme heights. I suffer with night terrors, it's like I'm having a nightmare but at the same time I can see everything in my room and it feels as though I'm screaming to wake myself up but at the same time nothing is actually coming out and then all of a sudden it will feel as though I'm falling a long way down and before I actually hit the floor I wake up. It's terrifying

Most reactions

Back